Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Congratulations on your silver coin success.thumbs up

August 09, 2021 02:51PM avatar
It's 99° at 2:15 PM here, Monday, but we have a 17 MPH wind and i still have some shade left to hide in. Going to go out and see if I can't find ANY piece of silver in this old yard. Striking out so faqr, but I have about an hour of shade left so I'll go use it, along with my ORX to keep the weigh limited on this hot summer day.

Remfire
I was using a custom program that needs more tuning, but really hits on all targets. The x-y screen is very helpful for dig/no dig decisions.

Based on Deus Fast; disc -3 (3 tone), sens 90, freq 14.4,reactivity 2, audio response 4, no notch.

I'm not a Deus fan because I prefer 'simplicity' but I do know what it might do if the settings are not messing any performance up. I like the ORX because it is simple and easier to use, yet with Deus-like performance in most applications. Like you, I enjoy the 5X9½ DD HF coil for most of my ORX hunting, and I appreciate you posing your settings.

I have two 'Custom' programs I use , save in '5 User Coin' and '6 User Coin' slots, and I always start out in '5' which is at 14.4 kHz, Sensitivity at '98', Discrimination of '7', Reactivity of '2' and Iron Volume 'On.' The 'ORX' is 3-Tone only in the Coin programs and that works out just fine for me. The only think I need to figure out is how to increase the Mi-6 Pinpointer's Sensitivity. I do like how they work and they do let you get away with a faster sweep speed than most other detectors. Not that we should, but ....

Glad to hear you're enjoying that XP and having some success afield. I'm interested in the settings you'll end up settling on with the Deus.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now located in Clyde, Texas
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
Apex .. FORS CoRe .. FORS Relic .. Impact .. Inca .. Bandido II µMAX .. Silver Sabre µMAX .. MX-5
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive Pointer and AT Pro-Pointer .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Military Merc Attachments

Remfire 134 August 09, 2021 12:52PM

Re: Military Merc

Goondock 63 August 15, 2021 03:43PM

zincoln 63 August 12, 2021 07:25PM

Remfire 66 August 13, 2021 08:43AM

So that's what silver looks like smiling smiley

OregonGregg 64 August 09, 2021 06:25PM

Congratulations on your silver coin success.thumbs up

Monte 69 August 09, 2021 02:51PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 34
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021