Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Maybe I could have clarified 'Simple'. thinking

August 11, 2021 01:20AM avatar
Kickindirt
Monte if you like simple. The simple answer is the deus can do everything the ORX can and alot more.

When I relate to 'Simple' I am considering several things. For one, IF a detector and coil can provide the performance I want and need, then a lot of excess adjustment functions are really not necessary and can clutter things up. Also, if a detector is 'Simple', then it might be something that would appeal to a newcomer or friends and family who don't have the time or basic understanding to try and learn the differences.

Kickindirt
As far as comparing raw power goes?? I'd say the deus has it beat as well as long as you have a X35 coil. Turn on the boost mode for some extra depth and power. Something the ORX doesn't offer.

The good folks at XP and most of their spokespersons / representatives state that the ORX provides the same depth and general performance as the Deus, and I consider that as comparing it to a 'standard' Deus and not one that has been modified.

Kickindirt
If ya want to keep the deus simple can easily be done just by selecting one of the factory programs and go.

It's no different from the White's XLT or V3i or Minelab Equinox 800 and others, that might have a lot of extra adjustment functions. You can tell someone that they might actually achieve better depth or other performance results if they reduce the Senility or some other adjustment. And with those models mentioned, someone could unknowingly make an extreme adjustment change that can easily impair their standard performance. I have seen that happen on many occasions.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now located in Clyde, Texas
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
Apex .. FORS CoRe .. FORS Relic .. Impact .. Inca .. Bandido II ┬ÁMAX .. Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX .. MX-5
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive Pointer and AT Pro-Pointer .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

A question for Deus users who have put in time with an ORX.

Monte 131 August 10, 2021 08:31AM

Re: A question for Deus users who have put in time with an ORX.

GeoW 70 August 11, 2021 06:44PM

diggindeep 77 August 11, 2021 05:43PM

Kickindirt 80 August 10, 2021 09:02PM

Bigtim1973 60 August 17, 2021 11:00PM

ORX.

UtahRich 70 August 18, 2021 03:23AM

Maybe I could have clarified 'Simple'. thinking

Monte 85 August 11, 2021 01:20AM

Re: Maybe I could have clarified 'Simple'. thinking

Kickindirt 69 August 12, 2021 02:41PM

DirtDigger 112 August 10, 2021 12:57PM

A question and an answer

Remfire 95 August 10, 2021 01:07PM

Re: A question and an answer

DirtDigger 79 August 10, 2021 01:29PM

This is with the X35 coil N/T

DirtDigger 62 August 10, 2021 08:54PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021