Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I held out as long as I could.........

August 17, 2021 10:31PM
Hey Del, your in for some tinkering fun now. If you take the time and just use the preset programs 3,6 or 9 to get a feel for the deus before you decide on trying custom programs, I think you will appreciate the deus better this time around.

So I see you got the elliptical coil. I had one as well for a while. Talk about a good size coil for coinshooting old house sites it is great. Gets in real good around tree trunks and bushes too.

I may get another one myself later.

Anyways, if you just use the factory presets and do not worry right now about custom programs and get a feel for it and how it performs, you will be happy.

I like the ORX just as much as ever still.

I took and made a coin program based off the tone pitch of the ORX for the Deus using deus fast and only changing the tone breaks and pitch to match the ORX tones. I also took and kept it 3 tones but raised the tone break to 85 between the med and high tone.

Just to keep a slight edge over zinc pennies where they ring up in mid tone.

For deeper coins I did the same using program 6 and changed the profile to the horseshoe and also changed it to a 3 tones as well.

I made a custom relic program by placing the settings from the hot program number 9 and programmed them into the number 6 deep program and kept the XY screen along with full tones. Got the idea from one of Gary Blackwell's videos.

You are gonna have Fun Del!!!

And looking forward to your testing between the 2 units and I am curious to see what you discover and share.

I still compare both of mine on different targets in the ground and the ORX is a very capable unit still compared to its big brother

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2021 10:37PM by Bigtim1973.
Subject Author Views Posted

I held out as long as I could.........

D&P-OR 109 August 17, 2021 07:04PM

Bigtim1973 59 August 17, 2021 10:31PM

Kickindirt 60 August 17, 2021 07:38PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 34
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021