Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Deus 2 Review Underway on NASA T's site.

August 22, 2022 10:08AM avatar
For those interested, Tom is in process of reviewing the XP Deus 2 in his home state of Florida. Tom has a definite uniqueness to his reviews that some of you may enjoy.

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

Keep in mind that when reading / watching reviews, it is up to you as a reader, to determine how much of the review pertains to your own hunting style, design preferences you may have and the locations you hunt. "Presenters" have become common on YouTube, Facebook, Forum Blogs and other venues for all sorts of products. Some of these presenters are given free merchandise to review which may or may not impact the results of their review. Some are loaned the product temporarily, to be passed on to the next 'reviewer' when they're done.

It has become expected that the presenter give a "full disclosure" about the product they are reviewing AND any ties they may or may not have to the company manufacturing the product AND whether they've been given incentive (product, $$$$, etc) for the review. For example, a company MAY let a certain reviewer 'keep' a product after the review to incentivize them to have a look at their product. (Feedback) Conversely, a company may stop providing future product for a certain reviewer / presenter, if they give a bad review to a current product. Some presenters claim independence by purchasing products themselves, using it, providing a review, then selling afterward to recoup funds to use for their next review.

That said, I try to learn what I can from reviews / presentations. As a long time detecting enthusiast, I do get excited about new products coming out. Since detectors generally costs hundreds of dollars and UP, I have to be selective about what i decide to purchase and use. My purchases are for my own use, not to provide reviews. I've had mixed results over the years, mostly positive. None really bad, because i try to vet product before i buy. Unfortunately, sometimes this isn't easy to do by simply watching and reading.

NASA T's review is a bit unusual - members of his forum have been asking him to review the Deus 2 since its' arrival. He appeared not so interested in making a purchase himself and wasn't provided a prototype or test unit by XP. So a handful of his forum members donated a few hundred dollars to the TOM, buy a Deus 2 and test it account. Tom took this money, added the remainder from his own pocket, and went ahead and made the purchase. Read into that whatever you will.

Hope those interested are able to garner some info from NASA T's ongoing review. thumbs up

I do have a Deus 2. So far, mine has been really good. I don't have a lot of hours on it yet, but it shows promise. Now it is just a matter of getting time in field with it and finding stuff.

Good luck to all of you.

Rich -

Subject Author Views Posted

Deus 2 Review Underway on NASA T's site.

UtahRich 630 August 22, 2022 10:08AM

NASA T - tapping out - Here comes Keith Southern

UtahRich 71 August 26, 2022 05:06PM

Re: Deus 2 Review Underway on NASA T's site.

GB_Amateur 66 August 24, 2022 08:55AM

Reviewing Reviews

UtahRich 63 August 24, 2022 12:12PM

Re: Reviewing Reviews

Kickindirt 62 August 24, 2022 12:27PM

Influencers -

UtahRich 66 August 24, 2022 03:41PM

Re: Influencers -

D&P-OR 59 August 24, 2022 06:02PM

Re: Influencers -

Kickindirt 62 August 25, 2022 01:40AM

Re: Influencers - Perfect

Kickindirt 62 August 24, 2022 03:52PM

Beware Influencers w/juice.

OregonGregg 60 August 25, 2022 12:52PM

Re: Beware Influencers w/juice.

Kickindirt 53 August 26, 2022 04:35PM

Re: Deus 2 Review Underway on NASA T's site.

Kickindirt 53 August 23, 2022 01:01PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15