Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I trust you have some huntable weather over there.

November 09, 2018 11:45AM avatar
Jamie
Monte, thank you for all of the info. It was a mini seminar in itself.
As with your variety of machines in your arsenal, I have the ones that work best for me. I have very mild soul in my area (Maine), and I do very little, if any, relic hunting. With that said, what I have is what keeps my detecting simple and fun. I rarely encounter any type of site that is riddled with iron.

I might add a new machine come spring, not sure if I need it though. Small parks and athletic fields in my rural town of 4000 people seem to be treating me well. I also seem to be the sole Hunter also.

I just dusted off my Whites classic III sl with the GB and threshold mods. I did them myself a few years ago, but have since forgotten the exact procedure to dial the GB in ?!? Looking forward to taking the 350 snooper coil to one of my favorite ball fields this weekend if the ground isn’t frozen.
Regards
Jamie
I used to keep a modified Classic III SL w/4½" (the Blue Max 350) 'snooper' coil on-hand. Great for hunting very trashy places and working in and around structures, trees and brush, etc. At the same time I had a Classic ID or IDX Pro, or both of them, each modified, that I also kept with me and they had the 6½" Concentric coil mounted. Made a great team. thumbs up

Today I have that particular niche taken care of but do keep my modified Classic ID at-the-ready w/5½" Concentric coil mounted, which is the aftermarket Ferret coil made for Kellyco by Discovery Electronics roughly ± fifteen years ago. We dropped to 18° and it's only warmed up to 30° at 10:20 AM so my body and detectors need it to warm up a bit more before I venture out for any detecting today. Best of success to you if you're able to get out.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Fisher, Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

Hello Monte

Jamie 149 October 27, 2018 04:29PM

Jamie, good questions; interesting comments; and reasons why I do seminars.

Monte 106 October 28, 2018 02:36PM

Re: Jamie, good questions; interesting comments; and reasons why I do seminars.

Jamie 58 November 09, 2018 05:08AM

I trust you have some huntable weather over there.

Monte 61 November 09, 2018 11:45AM

Re: I trust you have some huntable weather over there.

Jamie 53 November 09, 2018 12:41PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018