Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Pull tab question

December 04, 2018 11:18PM
Lucky enough for me pulltabs are not a problem as such here inland in the UK,of course you will find them on the beaches as that is the main location that folks would use can for refreshments,but not inland on most farm permissions.

Alas these types of things can be a right pain in the rear end,but not alot really can be done about it,its all aprt and parcel of detecting,after all it is a metal item and we are using a metal detector,iron for the most part is the only non desirable that can be discriminated out but only if its small size wise like say nails,but if its larger items like say horse shoes then those large items will make any detector scream out as a good targets,its just the way it is.

Getting onto alloy/foil targets those are 'ones' that i 'never notch' or 'discriminate out' and the reason being is that our 'silver hammered' coins come in that range,if you attempt to knock out foil which you of course can do,then you will miss these desirable targets that we are after.

I personally run my VLF machines and i have alot of them for many detecting scenarios and ground conditions,at almost zero or as low as possible discrimination and in some cases zero,as i dont want too miss anything,i dig almost all target signals especially those deep whisper targets as those have a high probability of being the most desirable,for me it has to come out i just cannot walk past a 'iffy' signal,some of my best finds over the years have been right on the limit depth wise and also signals right in the foil/alloy target range,silver for the best part of 2000 years can/could vary silver content wise,so they can give different readings either on a screen or audio through the headphones,i rely on audio for the most part almost exclusively as beyond a certain depth TID using a screen is a total waste of time anyway,but audio will always give some indication that a target is in the hole at greater depth,even when the audio signal is 'iffy' you can still rely on the good old audio threshold too give you the very last chance of nailing that deep target.This is why i always use a decent set of full cup headphones for those deep whisper signals.

Not alot basically you can do about eliminating pulltabs without loosing out on decent desirable targets,just glad that i dont have that major problem.

Deus and Nexus MP.

DFX,IDX Pro,TDI Pro,Crossbow Pulse,Mirage Pulse,Fisher TW-5 twin box,UK Vaquero,Arado 120b,Nexus SE mainly site specific use machines.
[www.hideones.info]
Every hole is like a scratch card. Usually it’s nothing. Sometimes you win a prize.
Subject Author Views Posted

Pull tab question

Jamie 98 November 25, 2018 11:23AM

I've found that that the pull tab range of conductivity is sometimes a great targetthumbs up

Hombre 56 December 06, 2018 04:48PM

Re: Pull tab question

RickUK 43 December 04, 2018 11:18PM

The NOTCH and Schemes for Avoiding Pull Tabs / Square Tabs

Rich (Utah) 52 December 04, 2018 09:38PM

The 'Tab' dilemma is more than a simple question to answer.confused smiley

Monte 84 November 26, 2018 12:00PM

Re: The 'Tab' dilemma is more than a simple question to answer.confused smiley

Jamie 52 December 02, 2018 06:36PM

I will dig those tabs and stop testing.thumbs up

Monte 70 December 03, 2018 09:31AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

WM6
Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018