Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I've found that that the pull tab range of conductivity is sometimes a great targetthumbs up

December 06, 2018 04:48PM
Some of my best gold rings have come in at pull tab range on my various Target ID instruments, Like the time with my White's 5900 CB, I was wading thru the can slaw at some islands by the old high school. I dug a lot of low conductivity targets that were in the nickel range, got a heap of can slaw & got tired of that and passed on those to save my legs and back. The 5900 rang out softly and with a narrow signal in disc. mode, glanced at the needle meter and it landed squarely on pull tab, highest conductor of the hunt. I pulled the trigger operated pinpoint and sized up the signal, it was small and the meter indicated around 5 or six inches. I dug down to 7 inches and it was still in the hole. I dug down to 8 inches and it turned out to be an old 10kt girls gold high school ring. So...ya never know till you dig it.

Here is another one about my Tesoro Toltec ll, was with it hunting at an old house teardown. This place has been hunted with a friend many times and all that was left were pull tabs of the beavertail variety, we must have dug a bunch and give up on the place for several years. We had in the past dug barbers and Indians. so I knew there were some good targets left and went solo. Right away I began digging those pesky beavers up, and then got that great modulated signal that we all love to hear. It was a tight signal, soft sounding, pinpointed small, glanced at the needle meter and it hovered around pull tab, bet you wouldn't have guessed that. Anyway......the pull tab ended up being a Cavalry Crossed Saber hat pin.

Sorry...no pics learning new computer.

Randy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2018 05:16PM by Hombre.
Subject Author Views Posted

Pull tab question

Jamie 98 November 25, 2018 11:23AM

I've found that that the pull tab range of conductivity is sometimes a great targetthumbs up

Hombre 56 December 06, 2018 04:48PM

Re: Pull tab question

RickUK 45 December 04, 2018 11:18PM

The NOTCH and Schemes for Avoiding Pull Tabs / Square Tabs

Rich (Utah) 52 December 04, 2018 09:38PM

The 'Tab' dilemma is more than a simple question to answer.confused smiley

Monte 84 November 26, 2018 12:00PM

Re: The 'Tab' dilemma is more than a simple question to answer.confused smiley

Jamie 52 December 02, 2018 06:36PM

I will dig those tabs and stop testing.thumbs up

Monte 70 December 03, 2018 09:31AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018