Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I have lots of plans in the works. We'll see what 2019 brings us. . . .

December 20, 2018 12:40AM
Monte
Let's see, you listed:

► Parting with 5 metal detectors.

► Going over maps to locate new sites for adventure.

► Cleaning finds.

► Check and maintain equipment to be ready for spring detecting season.

► Study up on an undescribed aspect of the hobby.

confused smiley BUT ... confused smiley I didn't see mention of SHOVELING SNOW !!

I had to shovel 2½" of snow one morning in the past couple of weeks. We 'average' only 12½" of snow per year so if all goes well I'll only have to match that four more times and it will be time for spring! cool smiley Crossing my fingers.

I'm lucky so far here. I've only had to clear the driveway 3 times. Unfortunately, it is a large driveway. The downside with the snow is that the deer have pretty much moved into town as certain times. I have to be careful about the deer grazing on the back lawn and ensuring all is clear before letting the dog out.

Monte
Otherwise my winter 'To-Do' list is close to yours except I am trimming two or possibly three of my detectors. The remaining twelve are all organized and checked-out and just hanging on a den wall display awaiting favorable weather to go play. Just enjoying the season, doing some winter house cleaning and sorting out book material, and taking some breaks to do some reading and review older maps I still have.

I am having a hard time with letting go of some detectors. I would likely have additional sentimental favorites, but, my wife wants me to keep things at a manageable small number of detectors that get used frequently.

Monte
I was informed about a small group of us getting together in just a little over four months so I need to try and get in better conditions for that, and if you trim those extra detectors from your present outfit that will leave you with what, only two or three to tote along on your visit to the area? Well, if that's the case other than your Nokta CoRe I'll have a loaner or two in case you need to borrow one. winking smiley

Warm Wishes to you as well.smileys with diet Dr. Pepper float (Note, these are Diet Dr. Pepper Floats unless you want regular Dr. Pepper.)

Monte

The FORS CoRe is going to have all of my heavy iron site duties and is capable of regular hunting duties if I need or want to change things up. I do wish it had the 7" concentric coil of the Racer 2. That is a really good combo. But, my CoRe is a lefty version. I decided it would be the most difficult to sell of all my detectors and since it also excels in the nails and iron and general hunting, i decided it was the one to keep. Besides, it has the bad boy yellow search rod. grinning smiley

It is comforting to know that most of us have at least 1 spare in the vehicle in case of emergencies.

smileys with diet Dr. Pepper float As for floats, I'm a rootbeer float guy when the occasion presents itself and a regular designated driver when my friends need a lift. thumbs up

Looking forward to a wonderful Christmas with the family and an adventurous New Year. I hope to see you (Monte) and others able to make it on some of this years' adventures.

Rich (Utah)

Minelab EQ800
Nokta FORS CoRe
Garrett ProPointer AT

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2018 12:49AM by Rich (Utah).
Subject Author Views Posted

READING ... Great for Research and Relaxation.

Monte 152 December 19, 2018 08:45AM

Winter Plans - Thin the herd / Research / Cleaning / Eqpt Check / Study

Rich (Utah) 103 December 19, 2018 10:43PM

It looks like you're keeping busy, but .... confused smiley

Monte 98 December 19, 2018 11:26PM

I have lots of plans in the works. We'll see what 2019 brings us. . . .

Rich (Utah) 97 December 20, 2018 12:40AM

Re: READING ... Great for Research and Relaxation. the Monte thread is interestingthumbs up

Hombre 106 December 19, 2018 11:52AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018