Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

EMI Park with the Anfibio

December 30, 2018 08:03PM
Hit the local park with the WWII RADAR base for an hour. EMI is terrible here, my Tesoros and Teknetics T2 are about unusable. The Anfibio took it without an issue! The RADAR came through in 4 and 5 tone, but 3 tone was smooth and quiet with a gain below 90. I had no trouble detecting targets, several at 7-8 inches on the hard pan under the loam. I finally have this park to detect! I have found silver here in the past but it is hit or miss if my other detectors would work, and even then had to adjust the discrimination to 70-75 just to hear signals through the EMI chatter and often that was not even enough!

I used the 11" DD coil, 3 tone, Gain at 89, Disc 3, and 14 kHz.

I hunted a more open area looking for silver, but it was not to be. Oldest coin was a 1966 quarter....darn. I love how I can now recognize bottle caps now even with the DD coil. I always thought my DD coils were at fault for bottle caps, I realize now the machine had a lot to do with it. I got fooled a couple times on aluminum caps, but most I called before digging them. I am still digging everything learning the numbers, but knew every coin before digging. Best find was a radiation badge, I have found one other and they are a great period find. I am betting they were used at the Titan missile project, and brought up to this site. No radiation or missile silos that I know of at this park....hmmmmm, lol

Later I think I will use the 7" concentric coil and walk the edges of the old sidewalks and the trashier areas around the park, especially around the bottle cap laden picnic tables. No doubt there is some silver hidden in the trash at these spots. Optimism is important to a detectorist, grinning smiley

Subject Author Views Posted

EMI Park with the Anfibio

Fish N Chips 136 December 30, 2018 08:03PM

I have found my Anfibio Multi to handle EMI better than most modern detectors.thumbs up

Monte 95 December 31, 2018 07:13AM

Re: EMI Park with the Anfibio

jmaryt 103 December 30, 2018 08:59PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 29
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018