Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I have found my Anfibio Multi to handle EMI better than most modern detectors.thumbs up

December 31, 2018 07:13AM avatar
I am certain you're going to happily move the Anfibio into the #1 spot in your outfit in a short time. The stock 11" coil would tend to be more EMI prone than a smaller-size coil so your results were positive.

The 7" Concentric, mounted on mine all the time, is a great coil to use for most areas, and if you're going to work along the sidewalk area, it's best to do just that .. work along or with the sidewalk. Center the search coil over the edge of the sidewalk and grass and work the coil side-to-side following the sidewalk by side-stepping your way sideways. Work about 10-12 feet, or three cement grids by the markers, then back the coil away about 2" to no more than 3" and work back the other direction toward where you started, keeping the coil a uniform distance from the cement as you move it side-to-side.

Then when you get back to where you started, reverse direction again, but work the coil away from the sidewalk about 2" to 3" more. This technique provided me with a lot of decent finds at some older parks I used to hunt 'back home' in Ogden Utah when my friends were using a typical search and missing them. The 'typical' search most folks make is to walk along in the grassy area and sweep the coil toward and away from the sidewalk.

The problem with that technique is the abrupt change in the mineralization of the sidewalk and the dirt & grass can be very pronounced and have the effect of a 'mineral slope' and they will not have good performance on 'roll-offs' ... the coins that were dropped and rolled off to and over the edge of the sidewalk. Plus the sidewalk density is also what I refer to as an intense mineral body and many detectors can't deal with that due to too much Discrimination being used. So, when hunting any similar challenge, be it working along a sidewalk or even following the route of old buried sprinkler lines, etc., I prefer to 'work with' the interfering challenge.

I've been using that technique since about '77/'78 on a regular bases and it has been even more help using our modern motion-based Discriminators.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher:(2), Nokta-Makro:(4), Teknetics:(1), Tesoro:(4), White's:(1)
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

EMI Park with the Anfibio

Fish N Chips 173 December 30, 2018 08:03PM

I have found my Anfibio Multi to handle EMI better than most modern detectors.thumbs up

Monte 127 December 31, 2018 07:13AM

Re: EMI Park with the Anfibio

jmaryt 134 December 30, 2018 08:59PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 7
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018