Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Letter of the Law versus Re-Interpretation of the Law?

January 01, 2019 08:00PM
Can't get a stolen vehicle or DUI 187 filed by our DA, we have one guy up to 100+ stolen vehicles now without one charge or violation of probation on him (probation gets money if they don't revoke). We have the thefts on video surveillance! But if you are caught with any minor BS crime they throw the book at you. California is definitely upside down, a social experiment gone wrong. We are experiencing a push to enforce unconstitutional laws, and have begun pushing back based on federal case law, if it violates the US Constitution the law is invalid. California seems to think it is a country onto itself. I only have 5-6 years left and am leaving this state, Oregon is on the top of my list right now.

Trouble is I am seeing the changes at a National level right now as well, especially with BLM and their antics. For being stewards of public land they sure seem to try and set precedence. At least the national forest service seems more down to earth and reasonable in their statutes.

I will continue to carry the original Antiquities Act with me for now with the verbiage about coins highlighted. Trouble is the legalese with which some of these statues are written leaves to much to interpretation, and bias and agenda can sneak into the stewardship too easily IMO. I am sure most are reasonable in the enforcement, and actual citations are reserved for those who earn them.....at least that is my hope, but put too much faith in common sense at times...lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2019 09:23PM by Fish N Chips.
Subject Author Views Posted

Letter of the Law versus Re-Interpretation of the Law?

Fish N Chips 67 January 01, 2019 04:52PM

zincoln 43 January 01, 2019 09:49PM

Remfire 40 January 01, 2019 04:59PM

Fish N Chips 46 January 01, 2019 08:00PM

DesertRokon 35 January 01, 2019 11:48PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018