Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: You had a good time getting out, is seems, ...

January 08, 2019 11:54AM
My iron audio was on 1 so I could just hear the nails. At first when the nails were falsing to mid-tines due to the wet soil, I reduced my mid-tone volume to 2, but then re-thought it and set the tone break rather than loosing the mid-tones (nickles/gold). I do like the adjustability and still have a lot to learn on settings and how they work with each other.

I am more and more impressed with that 5" coil in heavy iron. It works as well or better than my T2, I think the main advantage is it with the iron audio settings really helps those mid and high conductors pop out. Hunting drier conditions it discriminated the nails very well. My T2 does false on nails a bit more, but is it the processor or the iron audio which helps. Probably a bit of both. Hunting heavy iron with my T2 I would get audio fatigue trying to listen through the ground noise and falsing, and slowly my discrimination would be increased. Not an issue with the Anfibio

I do know the Anfibio sure handles the bottle caps better, even with the DD; that was my greatest complaint with my T2. The iron caps really jump around in audio and TID, the aluminum caps were harder to determine but did give a higher TID than I would expect from most coins.....but I would hate to walk away from a half dollar! My T2 made every bottle cap sound great, there was the coil lifting tricks and the tip and toe of the coil trick that would work for the TID, but the audio always sounded great and I was fooled a lot. I am still digging most targets but have gotten good at knowing bottle caps and shallower ring tabs before digging them.
Subject Author Views Posted

A Couple Parks with the Anfibio

Fish N Chips 170 January 07, 2019 08:15PM

You had a good time getting out, is seems, ...

Monte 131 January 08, 2019 09:29AM

Re: You had a good time getting out, is seems, ...

Fish N Chips 106 January 08, 2019 11:54AM

The ± 5" Search Coils can really be beneficial.

Monte 114 January 10, 2019 01:26PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018