Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A slow start, but finally a start for 2019.

January 27, 2019 08:16AM avatar
I had to make a run to the VA Clinic in Caldwell Idaho on Thursday, and on my return home I stopped at a park in Fruitland, Idaho to let Miss Rikki stretch and relieve herself, and hat gave me the opportunity to check out the 7" Concentric on an Omega 8000 to start the year. Pretty thin amount of coins in the semi-frozen tot-lot but it was a start.

Yesterday was going to be a more rewarding day, I had hoped, as Gregg & I got our first hunt for 2019 off to a start in an older-use location, being part of a site of a WWII POW Camp. I was running behind and only got in 1ΒΌ hours of hunting time, and used my Fisher F44 w/7" Concentric coil. I wasn't there quite as long as Gregg, and only snagged one copper Memorial Cent. I was as surprised as Gregg that we couldn't even p luck a wheat-back or two, or chance upon something silver.

Today we're going to step back in time a bit further to a late 1800's era start, if the ground conditions allow, and hopefully we might chance upon something from the Depression Era or earlier. We sure didn't get a start to the year like 'zincoln' has, so maybe things will change.

Let's see --- CoRe w/'OOR' DD, Relic w/5" DD, F44 and Omega 8000 each with a 7" Concentric, headphones, recovery gear, extra batteries and headphones, knee pad, snack ... thinking ... Yep, everything's loaded and I'm mentally ready for today's challenges. (Except mud. I don't like mud, or rain.)

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher:(2), Nokta-Makro:(4), Teknetics:(2), Tesoro:(2)
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Well....it's a start.

OregonGregg 95 January 26, 2019 10:49PM

A slow start, but finally a start for 2019.

Monte 55 January 27, 2019 08:16AM

Re: Well....it's a start.

zincoln 63 January 27, 2019 12:04AM

Re: Well....it's a start.

OregonGregg 50 January 27, 2019 10:35AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018