Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Selection of Outing 'Type.'

February 13, 2019 01:56AM avatar
Digstrashtomuch
Tennesee was good. Got 7 silvers and a few wheats.
Tabman got 3 barbers and some wheats.
All of them were gotten with CZs, Etrac and CTX.
Plucking 7 silvers sure made for a good trip back that way.thumbs up I take it this was mainly Coin Shooting urban sites?

Digstrashtomuch
Trying to get him to meet me in salt lake and I could bring him up to Ogden. Tabman is more of a coin hunter though and not much of a relic hunter which I do more of but we still have a blast and test machines side by side and pick and choose the best ones to keep and get rid of etc.
I think it would be terrific if 'tabman' could make it to Utah for our 10th WTHO in Ogden, May 9th - 12th. It would provide a lot of urban Coin & Jewelry Hunting opportunities for everyone which would be what 'tab' enjoys. There can be some jaunts people could take to hunt those old, iron infested 'relic' type sites but I'd bet more people will enjoy the change of pace since our first 9 Outings were all to Relic Hunting places in eastern Oregon and northern Nevada.

If he'd like to give one a try to see how much he might enjoy 'hunting-in-iron,' he could still fly into Salt lake City and make the drive West on I-80 to Wells, Nevada in June for our 11th WTHO. it would be great if you could make the journey over from your state to join us for both the 10th and 11th Outings.

Digstrashtomuch
So if he doesn't come I will still be there and bring a bunch of different machines. If any people would like to try, let me know and I will bring. Current machines I have are.
CTX 3030 and etrac
XP Deus 9in X35 coil
CZ 5 and CZ 6a Tom tuned
Deeptech Vista GG and smart plus with super 6 coils
Whites mxt and mx7
Tesoro Vaquero and Mojave
On every Outing I travel with several detectors to be sure to have a unit or two for someone to borrow should they show up with a less-than-efficient detector for the challenges they'll face. Most of the savvy operators have had some experience in Relic Hunting sites, but it seems each trip we see one or two folks who have only enjoyed urban Coin Hunting and quickly realize they have a wrong detector, a search coil that's too big for the dense debris, and are often surprised at the amount of iron debris, especially small rusty tin shards, we enjoy hunting in. eye popping smiley

You're driving over with a loot of detectors, but if you offer the use of one or two you just might have someone take you up on that even if just to check out something different. Hey, today is Wednesday and that Ogden WTHO starts just 12 weeks from Tomorrow! I know I am looking forward to the Outing, as I always do, because a lot of the 'fun' is just meeting up with the great Outing participants, seeing the nice finds that are made, and enjoying the social get-together at the Saturday Evening Dinner.

I look forward to seeing you there and hope you can pry 'tabman' away from Tennessee to join the fun.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher:(2), Nokta-Makro:(4), Teknetics:(2), Tesoro:(2), White's:(1)
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Hi everyone!

Digstrashtomuch 128 February 10, 2019 06:42PM

Re: Hi everyone!

Kickindirt 67 February 12, 2019 05:41PM

OregonGregg 81 February 12, 2019 09:00AM

Timbertodd 74 February 11, 2019 05:05PM

'Welcome,' and I'm sure you'll enjoy these Forums.

Monte 82 February 11, 2019 12:39AM

Welcome to the AHRPS Forums!

Hombre 76 February 10, 2019 11:00PM

Welcome-

Rich (Utah) 84 February 10, 2019 10:15PM

Re: Welcome-

Digstrashtomuch 83 February 11, 2019 06:37AM

Selection of Outing 'Type.'

Monte 59 February 13, 2019 01:56AM

Re: Selection of Outing 'Type.'

Digstrashtomuch 67 February 13, 2019 07:49AM

Road Trip . . . .

Rich (Utah) 50 February 13, 2019 01:47PM

You had to have some pretty decent 'old parks' in Tennessee.

Monte 60 February 13, 2019 08:46AM

Re: Welcome-

Druid 61 February 11, 2019 11:18PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018