Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Back to you, tabman.

February 14, 2019 04:14PM avatar
tabman
Thanks, Monte! ... I'll say this, the T2 is blazing fast and it did a great job finding me a bunch of eagle buttons and 3 ringers at a nail infested site. I miss that detector!
'Blazing fast' is almost an understatement. The Nokta CoRe and Relic are almost as fast. Very, very close, and they both out-perform the T2's when it comes to handling nails and other iron debris, but I still like the Teknetics, and wanted the T2+ and 5" DD back in my Outfit more for some of my Coin & Jewelry Hunting than for the ferrous debris sites. The CoRe and Relic can handle them, and other applications, but the T2+ is definitely going to be put to work this year in my detecting travels.

tabman
The only thing that worries me about the T2+ is its lack of DST since I mainly detect in the shadows of power lines. I had a T2-LTD with the DST a few years back but elected to keep the F75-LTD since I do more coin hunting than relic hunting. I'll say this, the T2 is blazing fast and it did a great job finding me a bunch of eagle buttons and 3 ringers at a nail infested site. I miss that detector! Why would anyone want a T2+ over a T2-LTD that has DST?

tabman
Here in my house, in my den, by the computer and with all the lights and equipment on, the F57 Ltd. I had last was every bit as noisy and unstable as the T2 and most other detectors I had/have. I generally hunt at '99' Sensitivity and only reduce it when I have EMI challenges and my last T2 'Classic' was pretty well behaved around here. I don't think this T2+ is going to be a problem in my urban Coin Hunting uses, but I'll find out soon when the weather improves as spring is just around the corner.

We might even get a partly sunny weather break on Monday and I plan to go hunt a grassy area that has been off-limits. I'll report back if I encounter any issues with EMI or ???

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher: F-44, Nokta-Makro: FORS CoRe and FORS Relic, Teknetics: Omega 8000,
Tesoro: Bandido II ┬ÁMAX and Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX, White's: XLT, XP: ORX
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

A 'tabman' request from a different forum: My thoughts on the Teknetics T2+.

Monte 180 February 14, 2019 10:02AM

Re: A 'tabman' request from a different forum: My thoughts on the Teknetics T2+.

tabman 101 February 14, 2019 03:48PM

Back to you, tabman.

Monte 106 February 14, 2019 04:14PM

Teknetics T2+ / Fisher F75+

UtahRich 101 February 14, 2019 12:53PM

A brief comparison / opinions about the Fisher F75+.

Monte 101 February 14, 2019 03:55PM

Re: A 'tabman' request from a different forum: My thoughts on the Teknetics T2+.

RickUK 105 February 14, 2019 10:54AM

Have to agree, Rick, the T2's are simple. comfortable and efficient.thumbs up N/T

Monte 132 February 14, 2019 11:19AM

Re: Have to agree, Rick, the T2's are simple. comfortable and efficient.thumbs up

Digstrashtomuch 101 February 14, 2019 01:16PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018