Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I've only had the white, 10" elliptical DD coils once for the T2 and for the & F75.

February 15, 2019 05:37AM avatar
Performance? Well, they worked OK for me and I liked them better in most low-to-moderate trashy areas. I mainly use the smaller 5" DD coils for these models, just as I mainly use the smaller coils on my Nokta CoRe and Relic devices, but I was curious about the 10" elliptical coils for them.

On my 2nd CoRe and 2nd Relic I keep their 5X9½ DD open-frame coils mounted for the same uses, low-to-modest trash areas, and I prefer them to the 7X11 DD with the exception of maybe working a wide-open sandy beach. But there aren't any "wide-open sandy beaches" around Vale Oregon, nor the ghost town and homestead type sites where I mostly hunt when I leave an urban environment. Besides, my stumbling feet and cane don't get along well in loose sand anymore.sad smiley

I used to use the solid 10" elliptical DD coil on a Teknetics Omega 8000 and G2 from 2010-'15 and I liked their performance in sites I suggested, and they did OK on the T2 and F75. That's the only coil I need to acquire for my T2+ to complement the 5" DD for the more debris-filled places.

I guess I better contact FTP now because I can't find the Tek. 10" elliptical DD for my T2+ and I also need a couple of 4" coil covers for my two 4" Concentric coils. Almost all of the detector models in my Outfit rely on mainly just 2 search coils. The smallest and a mid-sized coil, and I don't have that mid-size need taken care of yet for the T2+ and spring ... it's been rumored ... is supposed to be arriving soon. I want to be prepared.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher:(1), Nokta-Makro:(4), Teknetics:(2), Tesoro:(2), White's:(1)
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

T2 & F75 elliptical coils, large & small

Druid 59 February 14, 2019 05:48PM

I've only had the white, 10" elliptical DD coils once for the T2 and for the & F75.

Monte 44 February 15, 2019 05:37AM

Re: I've only had the white, 10" elliptical DD coils once for the T2 and for the & F75.

Digstrashtomuch 43 February 15, 2019 07:44AM

Thanks for the search coil update.

Monte 50 February 15, 2019 01:25PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018