Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Small Coil

February 25, 2019 11:09AM
Interesting post and thats exactly the way that i have been moving in the last couple of years,almost all my detectors have 7'' or smaller coils on,the largest coil that i cannot do anything about is my 9'' Deus coil as apart from the elliptical coil which i dont like on the Deus i still prefer the LF original 9'' coil,infact i have them on both my main Deus and the backup one as well.

The Mirage 5'' coil that Sven mention is one that i have and use use on my Mirage pulse,its deadly on some of my high mineral roman sites and also i use it for shallow river crossings that romans used for offering 'votive' offering to the water gods,and the Mirage is deadly on small gold,and is a deadly micro jewellery detector.Originally i bought the 5'' mono coil for my rare Crossbow pulse,but transferred the coil plug over so that i could use it on my Mirage which the 5'' coil was originally designed for.

The 5'' coil stays on my T2 almost all the time,mainly due too a wrist injury hence the main reason on transferring all my detectors over for using smaller than 7'' coils,the 5'' FT coil is a fantastic coil,when using it in AM mode the depth is outstanding,but within the last 6 months or so i also bought a ultra rare 6'' Coiltek prototype coil which is the same type of performance as the factory 6'' coil but cover slightly more ground coverage and also deeper as well.

On my TDI Pro (pi) although i have many large coils uptp 20'' mono ones which have just one specific purpose ultra deep large targets and used mainly on deep pasture sites for hoards/relic hunting.Only downside using these types of rigs is the sheer weight,so can only use with a full body harness.

But small coils are my main everyday use ones these days,the deepest small coil i have without doubt is my 7'' DD coil on my Nexus MP,the depth from this combination is just mind blowing,i wont quote any depth figures but rest assured it much deeper than almost any stock coil or larger.

Sven,great topic and hope you get around to making another 5'' mono coil for your Mirage.
Subject Author Views Posted

Small Coil

SvenS 123 February 24, 2019 11:32AM

RickUK 56 February 25, 2019 11:09AM

No detector Outfit is complete ... in my opinoin ... without a smaller-size search coil.

Monte 96 February 25, 2019 08:04AM

Rich (Utah) 84 February 24, 2019 12:55PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018