Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: LEARNING A NEW DETECTOR - Dabbling or Immersion?

March 13, 2019 11:20AM
Well, here's my "take/answer" to this question.----I joke a lot but when it comes to my detectors & their performance, I am basically like an old bulldog in testing/learning them & trying to get the best performance out of them that they can provide.-----My situation is a little different than most I guess---Patsy & I have a property that used to include a gunsmith shop & then later an old miner owned the property.-----I have one section on the property that I call the "iron hell" (due to all the iron debris in the ground from the previous owners and I purposely leave it that way for testing purposes).-----I have another area that I have an extensive test garden (buried for several years now).----Also, the old gun shop is my indoor test area.-------When we purchase a detector, I make the decision if I feel it would benefit us & if so--become the "guinea pig" in all the testing/early hunts etc. before ever "exposing" the detector to Patsy.-----My test area is easy access (out the back door)---so I am in & out any number of times testing, testing, testing.-----All this is fine & good to get the unit set up to what you feel is excellent----but----there is NOTHING that compares to actually "in the wild" hunts/tests---that's where the rubber really hits the road.--------Anyway----yeah, use that new detector---BUT----don't allow yourself to get frustrated.----If that starts happening--take a break for awhile & then go back to it--things will eventually "click".------Another thing--give it some time--some detectors take way more time to learn than others.--------Just some thoughts from an old man that's been through any number of these wonderful time machines.smiling smiley------------Del
Rich (Utah)
How does one go about learning a new detector, especially if it is very different from what you've used in the past. ? ? ?

Does one slowly work into a new detector (dabbling) while keeping the trusty old detector ready at a moments notice or jump right into the deep end and become fully Immersed (Immersion) with the new equipment?

Interested to hear of your experiences.

Rich -
Subject Author Views Posted

LEARNING A NEW DETECTOR - Dabbling or Immersion?

Rich (Utah) 138 March 12, 2019 04:57PM

D&P-OR 98 March 13, 2019 11:20AM

Dabbling or Immersion?

Rich (Utah) 87 March 13, 2019 10:12AM

Kickindirt 80 March 13, 2019 01:23AM

When I field tested the Outlaw....

Hombre 86 March 12, 2019 07:54PM

OregonGregg 79 March 12, 2019 07:32PM

WM6 72 March 12, 2019 06:23PM

NWCindy 99 March 12, 2019 05:23PM

Cindy, your comments are a bit vague.

Monte 99 March 13, 2019 03:49AM

Re: LEARNING A NEW DETECTOR - Dabbling or Immersion? to Cindy?

Kickindirt 93 March 13, 2019 01:26AM

Re: LEARNING A NEW DETECTOR - Dabbling or Immersion? to Cindy?

NWCindy 116 March 13, 2019 04:40AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018