Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looks familiar.sad smiley It's supposed to be mostly sunny tomorrow ...

April 12, 2019 09:02AM avatar
here ... then cloudy and wet through next Tuesday. Our forecast 'Welcome to Spring!' weather is supposed to arrive by Wednesday the 17th and we're hoping it will continue to shift into full-time pleasant weather.

George, you asked in an e-mail about when I might be headed to the town I call 'Rippville.' Most likely I'll fit a detecting jaunt there in on the 25th, 26th and/or 27th, if you want to come spend a day trying to find anything good.

I've made a few trips this past month when we had a break in the weather for a day or two, but I've only managed 3 Trade Tokens and a 'skunked' day. Oregon Gregg I believe has found 3 Trade Tokens and 2 Indian Head Cents. Remfire made a drive over for a couple of days and, if I recall, recovered 2 Trade Tokens and I think 2 early Wheat-Back cents.

That's close to what I'm aware of coming out so far, and as usual, the surprising thing about Rippville is that Trade Token recoveries usually match or exceed old coin recoveries. It's about time for some silver coinage to start showing up if we can just get a search coil over the right spot out there. On my next trip I hope to be able, health wise, to endure the rusty tin and other ferrous debris on and around what we named 'Tin Hill'.

Most of the finds we've made this year, however, have all come out of the 'flatland' area, but I'm concerned about all the wetness this early season that could encourage some unwelcome early season weed growth. Going to try and work in as many trips as I can this month and after returning from the WTHO in Utah. Might be able to work a keeper or two out of there before it gets too weedy by summer.

So, to answer your earlier question: April 25th thru 27th would be a good period if that works out for you. No guarantee on the weather but I think we should be into a comfortable spring by then and the potential is there.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher:(2), Nokta-Makro:(4), Teknetics:(1), Tesoro:(4), White's:(1)
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Spring is Here . . .

Rich (Utah) 88 April 11, 2019 11:16PM

Re: Spring is Here . . .ha ha ha N/T Attachments

Kickindirt 50 April 12, 2019 08:43PM

Spring is here? Wrong. No detecting for you . . . 2 weeks.

Rich (Utah) 50 April 12, 2019 11:28PM

Re: Spring is here? Wrong. No detecting for you . . . 2 weeks.

Kickindirt 55 April 13, 2019 01:35AM

Re: Spring is Here . . .

Kickindirt 46 April 12, 2019 08:54AM

Spring? What Spring?

glabelle 48 April 12, 2019 07:55AM

A little too early to call . . . . . . .

Rich (Utah) 50 April 12, 2019 05:16PM

Looks familiar.sad smiley It's supposed to be mostly sunny tomorrow ...

Monte 56 April 12, 2019 09:02AM

Spring? It was late coming and ought to be here soon ...

Monte 55 April 12, 2019 07:03AM

Re: Spring is Here . . .

D&P-OR 56 April 12, 2019 02:21AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 33
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018