Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can we fit in one more WTHO this year?

June 26, 2019 01:00AM avatar
We're going into late June and I would need to let all WTHO Participants know in advance to let them figure out their own schedule to attend. Some of us are in the 'Retired' category so it isn't much of an issue, but those who work, or have a family to work around, need a heads-up. So, we need to plan one quickly.

So far we have held 11 WTHO get-togethers over this past 5 years. Three of them had a lower turn-out partly because they were scheduled on a 'holiday' weekend, such as Memorial Day, Mother's Day and Father's Day. This last one, held earlier this month, did have a total number of attendants reaching 14 or 15. Some, due to a work schedule or the holiday, were only able to attend one or two days. On most of the other Outings we have averaged 17 to 25 people in attendance.

Only one Outing, held in May in Ogden, Utah, was an 'urban' atmosphere more directed at Coin Hunting and had a low attendance.. It was, however, Mothers Day Weekend and that didn't help. But all of the other 10 Outings have been held in Northern Nevada (mostly) or Eastern Oregon, all of which have been hunting old, deserted Ghost Towns.

We have quite a few people on the WTHO Contact List, but the vast majority of those on the list and who have participated in some of the Outings live in Colorado or all states west to the Pacific Ocean with the exception of Montana. We need, as a group, more people to step up and volunteer to be a Host for an Outing, but we especially need folks on the list to help come up with Outing Location ideas. We can gladly host a WTHO in any state, but all we need are about three-or-more search locations reasonably close so we can have a 'base camp', so-to-speak of a town with motels and RV Park accommodations.

Please, let me know if you are interested in trying to fit another Outing in this year, and if you have any search sites that are close enough to you, or a 'base camp' town. I know my time is going to be occupied from About September 25th through October 15th due to Oregon's deer season and spending that time with my oldest son and a couple of grandsons. The younger guys will be needed (thinking positively here) to help get the critters (now, that's extra positive) back to camp/vehicle.

Monte Jr. injured his right shoulder and arm in a "recreational accident" in May, and just last Thursday he also had his throat slit and cervical spine worked on like I did last August. So his strength and mobility are also a bit limited now, and we'll be deer hunting during that time period. I would like to attend every WTHO and have only missed the 9th one last year due to health reasons. But with ample time I would gladly make a trip anywhere in the USA to gather with a group of great folks on an Outing. We just need location suggestions.

The only hints I have heard from only a few were to have an urban Coin & Jewelry Hunting Outing in the greater Portland, Oregon metro area and include a day jaunt to Seaside on the Oregon Cast. The main thing a small but devoted group might do is cut-in on good stuff 'zincoln' is showing off all the time from that vicinity. The other three suggestions were to find some different ghost town type locations or perhaps some gold mining town sites.

Well? Any volunteers to offer to Host an Outing? Any suggestions on where or when we might plan another ... if there's still time this year before late fall or wintry weather returns?

If you have ideas, you can post them under this thread, or just shoot me an e-mail to: monte@ahrps.org

'Thank You.'

Monte

PS: Outing location suggestions will also be considered to start planning two or three Outings for 2020, and we can always use site suggestions. No Outing will be scheduled for a Holiday Weekend in the future, either.

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher: F-44, Nokta-Makro: FORS CoRe and FORS Relic, Teknetics: Omega 8000,
Tesoro: Bandido II ┬ÁMAX and Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX, White's: XLT, XP: ORX
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Can we fit in one more WTHO this year?

Monte 85 June 26, 2019 01:00AM

Re: Can we fit in one more WTHO this year?

NWCindy 37 June 30, 2019 11:40AM

smiling smileyBumping the WTHO question back to the top.

Monte 63 June 29, 2019 04:49AM

Re: smiling smileyBumping the WTHO question back to the top.

Kickindirt 40 June 30, 2019 10:59AM

WTHO's 2019/2020

UtahRich 58 June 30, 2019 12:31AM

Thank You, Rich. You pointed out one of my main concerns ... Timing.

Monte 45 June 30, 2019 08:49AM

Re: Thank You, Rich. You pointed out one of my main concerns ... Timing.

D&P-OR 41 June 30, 2019 10:19AM

'Thank You' as well, Del. All the considerations I've had.

Monte 52 June 30, 2019 11:42AM

How about that "Twin Flat" site that you often refer to?

D&P-OR 57 June 30, 2019 01:30PM

Del, sad news about 'Twin Flats.'sad smiley

Monte 45 June 30, 2019 06:36PM

Re: smiling smileyBumping the WTHO question back to the top.

Digstrashtomuch 70 June 29, 2019 12:48PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 29
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018