Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thank You, Rich. You pointed out one of my main concerns ... Timing.

June 30, 2019 08:49AM avatar
Timing or in some cases the lack of time. Some folks need the timing of the outings to fall in line with when they have time off from work for vacation or other purposes. Timing is also important for many people to be able to schedule making an outing by knowing when it is planned so they can work that in their vacation time.

There are some people who don't have the type of employment that is very flexible with their employees wishes. Perhaps the employer does not have a large Crew be able to shuffle people around to cover someone taking time off when they would like it.

That's why I was so concerned about trying to plan another outing in the next short time of two or three months. I would like to be able to schedule another one this year, but I know it would be difficult for many people to work it into their plans. Even for me, with new medical issues I'm dealing with along with the upcoming deer season in Elk season, even my schedule would be hard to fit an outing in for me myself.

Perhaps the best thing to do now is just work on getting ideas and leads to come up with new sites to plan ahead now for next year's outings. That way there'd be enough time to track down locations, to schedule where and when those outings would be so I can get that information posted on the forums and emailed to all the participants on the WTHO. Contact List. That would then let everybody know farther in advance so that they would be able to schedule the time off of work far enough ahead to be convenient for them.

In the meantime, some of us can just enjoy the fact that we are retired and time and scheduling is totally up to us so we can fit in all the detecting we want to do.

So let me just ask as I close this reply, are there any particular months that work better for you to have an outing?

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Fisher: F-44, Nokta-Makro: FORS CoRe and FORS Relic, Teknetics: Omega 8000,
Tesoro: Bandido II ┬ÁMAX and Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX, White's: XLT, XP: ORX
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Can we fit in one more WTHO this year?

Monte 83 June 26, 2019 01:00AM

Re: Can we fit in one more WTHO this year?

NWCindy 37 June 30, 2019 11:40AM

smiling smileyBumping the WTHO question back to the top.

Monte 61 June 29, 2019 04:49AM

Re: smiling smileyBumping the WTHO question back to the top.

Kickindirt 39 June 30, 2019 10:59AM

WTHO's 2019/2020

UtahRich 56 June 30, 2019 12:31AM

Thank You, Rich. You pointed out one of my main concerns ... Timing.

Monte 44 June 30, 2019 08:49AM

Re: Thank You, Rich. You pointed out one of my main concerns ... Timing.

D&P-OR 41 June 30, 2019 10:19AM

'Thank You' as well, Del. All the considerations I've had.

Monte 49 June 30, 2019 11:42AM

How about that "Twin Flat" site that you often refer to?

D&P-OR 57 June 30, 2019 01:30PM

Del, sad news about 'Twin Flats.'sad smiley

Monte 44 June 30, 2019 06:36PM

Re: smiling smileyBumping the WTHO question back to the top.

Digstrashtomuch 66 June 29, 2019 12:48PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018