Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I have been using the following metal detectors and associated coilssmiling bouncing smiley

July 20, 2019 06:48PM
Good grief Randy---whattcha gonna do with all those tectors??---I think I counted 15.----Are some of 'em Sandys?------I'm feelin pretty good about myself--I got it down to 8.-----Half of 'em are Patsys though---maybe more if she decides she wants to take a couple of 'em away from me!winking smiley----------Del
Hombre
Good post Monte....

We have similar tastes in metal detectors which I noticed about 10 years ago at the Finds Treasure Forum. Those 2 forums 'were' the then popular Tesoro and White's forums. These forums were dropped by Gary, the owner of Finds Mall because the 2 companies quit paying the ransom fees to advertise there....

I have batteries installed in the following metal detectors:

Tesoro: INCA with the 8 inch brown coil, this set up hates small iron and I can tell by audio when I need a different machine to tackle the more heavily iron infested locations.

Tesoro: original Bandido with the 7 inch Troy Shadow X-2 coil, this set up can handle some very dense iron nail infestation but stumbles in the small rusty iron tin.

White's: MX-7 with the SIX SHOOTER coil, using the Coin & Jewelry program with 4 tones does well on higher conductivity coins above nickels, really hot on early wheats and silver dimes.. however, clad is about all I find nowadays......

White's: MX-5 with the small 5.3 Eclipse coil, now on loan to a friend just starting out in the sport, yes he is finding some neat stuff with it.

Nokta: Fors Relic, this is new to me and I am in the process of leaning it, seems like a good all around metal detector and is good in the iron nails even with the large 11X7 DD.
I am using both the DI2 and DI3, each has their own strengths and weaknesses... currently have the following machines.
Subject Author Views Posted

Often-Asked Questions: What Brand? Which Model? Which Coils? .. and I can't forget 'Why?

Monte 200 July 18, 2019 05:06PM

I have been using the following metal detectors and associated coilssmiling bouncing smiley

Hombre 174 July 20, 2019 01:39PM

Comments for you, Randy.

Monte 111 July 21, 2019 07:34AM

Re: I have been using the following metal detectors and associated coilssmiling bouncing smiley

D&P-OR 137 July 20, 2019 06:48PM

Hi Del, I'm a regular packratthumbs up

Hombre 146 July 20, 2019 08:57PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018