Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Grabbed some maps and books ... for ME and for US.

August 18, 2019 05:16PM avatar
The 'official' weather guessers are back and forth a little with three days this coming week that we could hit triple-digit weather, or come very, very close. I'm tired of so many long, hot days this summer, but figured I'd take advantages of the AC and staying in for some research. I have a few maps and books to try and track down an old-use, out-of-the-way site or two to search around here, for ME, and also have two books as I'm trying to figure out some sites to plan for a 2020 Welcome-to-Hunt Outing, naturally for US.

I would really enjoy some site suggestions from everyone on the WTHO Contact List to try and find a location as a 'base camp' that has a few 'sites' nearby for us to search. I know we have a lot of folks who participate and come from California, but if I have my choice, I would prefer to hunt outside that state as I am not all too fond on their political attitude ... if you know what I mean.

So far, we have held 11 WTHO's since the first two, starting in 2015, and of those, we held 1 in Utah, 2 in Oregon, and the rest in the great state of Nevada. I'm open for any suggestions for general Outing locations (which states or regions or areas) as well as some specific search sites. As I encouraged over a year ago, I would also appreciate individuals, or teams of a couple of people in a general area, stepping up and volunteering to be an Outing Host. I'll handle all the e-mails and participant contacts, so all a Host has to do is be there to, simply, Host the Outing.

Welcome attendees. Provide information about the different hunt site opportunities, and select a Saturday Evening Dinner & Get-Together location., Also, take notes of who attends and where they are from and get that information to me. I've been scolded more by an assortment of VA Doctors to limit my driving time. Since '91 it's been 1½ to 2 hours-per-day. I've fudged a lot and long driving sessions takes it out of me and calls for a lot of time trying to recuperate. Just due to other health issues and now dealing with leg-long blood clots, in my right leg this time,and more/different meds they have me on, I'm encouraged not to drive much, and limit myself to 1 hr. to 1½ hours per-day.

That means a far-away Outing site, such as the mid-west to east coast location will be very difficult. I'd have to really fudge a lot and allow several days to make the drive each direction. In short, many far-away Outings would need a Host because I can't guarantee that I'll be able to make them all. Gregg Z. (aka Oregon Gregg) has helped out by Hosting or Co-Hosting two of the Outings in the past two years, It's not a difficult task to be a Host, so just tough-it-up and step forward and volunteer.smiling smiley

PS: This aqua phobic doesn't use boats, and you're also not going to catch me flying, either. Those travel options are out for me.

Okay, time to hit-the-books, and maps, as I need to find a few places for my out hunts and definitely get busy working on ideas for the WTHO's next year. Share some hints with me, either in a Forum Post or shoot me an e-mail, about specific locations to hunt, or just share your thoughts on types of sites to put on an Outing list.

Also, find some new-to-you locations for your own enjoyment! Me? I have a VA appointment at the Hospital in Boise this coming Wednesday, then, if all goe4s well, I plan to head West to two sites to hunt and then on to Portland and might hang around there for 3 or 4 days before my return.

Happy Hunting to all as we should start wrapping up summer in just a couple of weeks. I know I'm more than ready!

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Regular-Use Outfit: Nokta / Makro: FORS CoRe, FORS Relic, Racer 2 and Simplex+ .. Teknetics: T2+
Tesoro: Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX .. White's modified IDX Pro .. XP: ORX
A Handy Loaner Unit: Fisher: F-44
Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' -- Detector Pro Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Grabbed some maps and books ... for ME and for US.

Monte 108 August 18, 2019 05:16PM

Re: Grabbed some maps and books ... for ME and for US.

jmaryt 53 August 18, 2019 08:57PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018