Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

a question about the SimplEX

October 04, 2019 09:43AM
I see it has a BEACH MODE and is waterproof. so does the MXT have a beach mode, and the AT PRO is waterproof. i have read both can be used for beach.

neither the MXT nor AT are salt beach impressive except dry sand, at least to me... and i love both machines. dont really matter since the beach is years apart trips. but if i go....

my question is if the SimplEX is a single freq machine, and it has a beach mode, water proof, can it conceivably be good in salt? i know lower khz are on some beach machines and seem to work that are single freqs like the fisher 1280 x. My buddy had a DFX, salt mode, it was eeehhhh... in salt. false city if it touched the wet sand.

Minelab is coming out with a budget series of water resistant MULTI FREQ machines, not water proof submersibles so i read. $300 to $500 range there about. so the multis for salt but if you drop it? can it take a quick dunk?

is the SimplEx going to be a salt water capable machine? . or a dry beach hunter only? anyone heard?

for you rifle game hunters, remember Remington 700s were pricey but legends, except for the trigger incidents. then they made a budget 788 with the same barrels. sales of the 788 went thru the roof, so they quit making them. now they make a budget 710 with some cheaper features but the same barrel. i like my 710 but most folks turn their nose up. a capable rifle with or without a few cheap mods, and same barrel. the couple nylon pieces can be replaced with steel. Artic conditions might not be good with plastics. fine here. stock ugly lol. they make paint... doing so on mine..

my point-- Minelab and Notka Macro going for an affordable low end market, but smart enough not to give away all the high end niceties yet.. at least thats what it seems like. IF Minelab make the Vanquish completely waterproof for just a little more might kill the higher end line, excals..ctx3030 etc.. Notka too on the Simplex. they both look great for me.. but for a serious beach hunter? or that one trip in a blue moon? just my thoughts and correct me if i am wrong. wont hurt my feelings. i deal with truths for a living, sorting thru bull daily... Carey

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2019 09:57AM by dixiedigger57.
Subject Author Views Posted

a question about the SimplEX

dixiedigger57 105 October 04, 2019 09:43AM

Some comments about the SimplEX +. -- Salt water beach hunting as well.

Monte 83 October 04, 2019 06:03PM

Re: a question about the SimplEX

Kickindirt 74 October 04, 2019 11:30AM

Re: a question about the SimplEX

dixiedigger57 43 October 07, 2019 08:14AM

Good story, and important points I noted.

Monte 49 October 07, 2019 12:02PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018