Advanced

Do you guys carry a Magnet?

October 08, 2019 07:22AM
The reasons I ask are :
Will it affect my machine
Do you use it to find or rid a hole of iron particles
Use it for general testing of a strange metal or conglomerate
Meteorites for you Western desert dwellers

Since I despise Hollywood I watch other things, YouTube selectively, but hate really stupid stuff. Magnet fishing is rather entertaining or boring, depends on how wrapped up in thierself the Hunter is. . The UK hunters find amazing stuff, and last night one guy was pulling up remains of small bags of coins,and what looked like crucifixes wrapped in cloth, even some silver plate service utensils wrapped up.apparently the remains of a theft. Coins all over his Magnet. The coins.... I know some modern coins overseas and possibly Canada have coins that magnets will stick too. I know you northwest guys see Canadian coins more than Georgia. Guns knives busted safes and security boxes, antiquities tools motorcycles you name it. Mainly junk but cleaning the water lol.

I carry a small double sugarcube size neomydium magnet wrapped in denim in a pill bottle with me a lot. It was found on my entrencher shovel.. not sure where it come from. I wired a computer hard drive magnet in my handheld beach scoop. I don't get to the ocean beach, just freshwater lake, but at home I dump my find bag in the scoop and shake the dirt out and it grabs the trash I remove. I use the neo in the field on hotrocks in hopes of a meteorite. Would be a first although I think I found one before 20 yrs ago and was lied to by a college professor, never got it back, now both gone.

I am going to put one on the guard of my leshe and predator diggers.

The main concern was machine interference or damage.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2019 07:27AM by dixiedigger57.
Subject Author Views Posted

Do you guys carry a Magnet?

dixiedigger57 108 October 08, 2019 07:22AM

Personal eperience warning about magnet-equipped tools.eye popping smiley

Monte 67 October 09, 2019 11:58PM

my front pocket leather moneyclip card holder has a magnet...

dixiedigger57 38 October 10, 2019 02:57PM

Do I carry a Magnet?

UtahRich 47 October 08, 2019 03:24PM

Re: Do you guys carry a Magnet?

WM6 50 October 08, 2019 02:10PM

Re: Do you guys carry a Magnet? Attachments

Remfire 51 October 08, 2019 01:11PM

Magnet?

UtahRich 47 October 08, 2019 03:25PM

Re: Magnet?

dixiedigger57 42 October 09, 2019 07:42AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018