Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Magnet?

October 09, 2019 07:42AM
never thought about the butt end of the handle. I was thinking about the guard on the blade side with a little flat neo magnet out of a computer harddrive. they have a metal plate with holes to mount on the handle. they are so strong would suck up a small iron. the neodymium magnet i have, i found it stuck to my WW2 entrencher i use in the woods. have no idea of its origins, but it does come in handy.

the Meteorite Men that used to come on TV. one of then used a board full of these big flat neo magnets and dragged it behind him in the desert areas. found all kinds of small meteorites.

i picked a tore up roadkill shop rolling magnetic nail and bolt sweeper up out of the road. i salvaged the big flat bar. not neo's but strong magnets. soap bar size and about 3/8 in thick. about 5 of them on the plate. been thinking... used them in a fire recovery to get out iron nails and washed the ashes and recovered some jewelery in the nasty stuff, dumping the ashes in a round half gallon round cage used for crickets when fishing. sloshed it up and down in a five gallon water bucket. worked great.

i do recommend the neodymium.. i never spell that right, they are the type they test for meteorites with.

for Christmas .... a hernia repair 8 wks healing so a light hunt, and a real Fishing magnet! lol. just got to try it.
Subject Author Views Posted

Do you guys carry a Magnet?

dixiedigger57 109 October 08, 2019 07:22AM

Personal eperience warning about magnet-equipped tools.eye popping smiley

Monte 67 October 09, 2019 11:58PM

my front pocket leather moneyclip card holder has a magnet...

dixiedigger57 38 October 10, 2019 02:57PM

Do I carry a Magnet?

UtahRich 47 October 08, 2019 03:24PM

Re: Do you guys carry a Magnet?

WM6 50 October 08, 2019 02:10PM

Re: Do you guys carry a Magnet? Attachments

Remfire 51 October 08, 2019 01:11PM

Magnet?

UtahRich 47 October 08, 2019 03:25PM

Re: Magnet?

dixiedigger57 42 October 09, 2019 07:42AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 7
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018