Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

There are several things needed to stay in the game in the metal detector world.

October 21, 2019 09:57AM avatar
Knowledgeable design engineers, and I mean up-to-date knowledge of digitally-designed metal detector circuitry. And not just one individual, but a 'team' of engineers combined with a group of in-house as well as selected product users who can test and evaluate the product in order to help the manufacturer develop a quality and performance-based product by release date.

An excellent marketing plan, and that means the people who can handle the needs of marketing both the physical product as well as the quality and customer service after the product is in consumer's hands.

Product development and design calls for a dedicated, above-average lead engineer and support team. That takes $$$.

An advertising and marketing program takes a knowledgeable and savvy leader and also a support team to develop and plan the best marketing strategies, literature, and ability to spread-the-word, and in this modern era that means on Forums and websites, etc. That, too, takes an investment of $$$.

I know that FTP has the engineering team, and I'm sure they have the $$$ and ability to direct toward marketing in today's world which is mostly an on-line, internet-based approach. I see them working to get caught up with today's product leaders.

I am not certain who the electronic design engineer is at Garrett, but have been able to monitor the marketing they do for their product on a world-wide basis. I think they still might be in a position to create a newer, and better, entire product line to meet the changing times and demands of the industry.

As for White's, I haven't a clue who their design engineer might be these days, or for some time now. And they have lost a lot of their marketing presence on some on-line Forums. With both of these two manufacturers, I have owned and/or used most of their lower-end (lower-cost) models and found them to be very underwhelming, lacking functional features, providing sub-par performance, and basically being inferior to much of the competition on the market today. And in the near future they are going to be slipping farther behind with some newer low-cost models to soon be introduced.

And I've been more than frustrated for quite some time with bad marketing by introducing new products that have a lot of failures and issues right from the start, or accessory products that are not well built, or replacement substitutes that continue to be 'breakable'.

Unless there are some notable changes in the way of designers and marketing and product in general, I only see it a matter of time before another US Detector Manufacturer joins Tesoro and those who have gone down before them.

Sad but true.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Regular-Use Outfit: Nokta / Makro: 4 models .. Teknetics: 1 model
Tesoro: 2 models .. White's 1 model .. XP: 1 model
A Handy Loaner Unit: Fisher: F-44
Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' -- Detector Pro Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Ending 2019 with my newly organized Detector Outfit.

Monte 169 October 20, 2019 09:16AM

Now, a RE-organized Detector Outfit to prepare for 2020.

Monte 38 November 28, 2019 08:45AM

Re: Ending 2019 with my newly organized Detector Outfit.

jmaryt 75 October 20, 2019 11:05AM

And I hope Garrett stays around

dixiedigger57 67 October 21, 2019 07:13AM

My newly purchased Garrett Pro Pointer AT . . .

UtahRich 42 October 22, 2019 12:34PM

Re: My newly purchased Garrett Pro Pointer AT . . .

D&P-OR 42 October 22, 2019 03:25PM

Re: And I hope Garrett stays around

jmaryt 45 October 21, 2019 10:33PM

My old-time 'sentimental' models still work well.

Monte 61 October 22, 2019 01:49AM

Re: My old-time 'sentimental' models still work well.

jmaryt 44 October 22, 2019 08:45PM

Detector picks, site selection, older coins, and the 'fun-factor.'

Monte 61 October 23, 2019 01:27PM

Re: Detector picks, site selection, older coins, and the 'fun-factor.'

jmaryt 50 October 24, 2019 08:00PM

1 Tesoro, 1 good smaller-size coil, No grumpy people.thumbs up N/T

Monte 35 October 25, 2019 12:10AM

There are several things needed to stay in the game in the metal detector world.

Monte 79 October 21, 2019 09:57AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018