Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nice story, neat finds, but you're going to scare Gregg off.

December 21, 2019 04:43PM avatar
I always enjoy searching old homesites, standing or demolished. Any place that is Depression Era or older gets my attention, quickly. I naturally enjoy finding older coins and especially Trade Tokens from long ago, but often some of the other 'neat stuff' we come across can be very interesting. It adds to the fun we enjoy in this great sport.

As for OregonGregg, he's held my ORX and is even thinking about giving it a try when huntable weather returns, but since it's an XP also, just reading your list of all the settings you used might be enough to scare him off!eye popping smiley Matter-of-fact, there are even more adjustment features than I'd care to tinker with. I'm much more comfortable with the simplicity and performance of my ORX devices and the few proven ... yet 'simple' other detectors in my Outfit.

I like my ORX w/5X9½ DD HF coil for the trashier and brushier environments, but in parks, fields, yards and such, the other ORX leaves me impressed with the 9" X35 DD coil. Your Deus might work better for you with your settings, but so far my ORX with that coil has been at-its-best at a frequency of 7.7 kHz on a broader-range of target conductivities.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Nokta / Makro: FORS CoRe, FORS Relic, Racer 2 and Simplex + also using Makro and Pulse-Dive Pinpointers
Tesoro: Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX ... White's: modified IDX Pro ... XP: ORX ... Fisher: F44
Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' and 'Wasp' -- Detector Pro Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Bucket list find Attachments

Dan'o 68 December 21, 2019 12:06PM

Nice story, neat finds, but you're going to scare Gregg off.

Monte 33 December 21, 2019 04:43PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018