Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

using too much detector. grinning smiley

December 26, 2019 08:31PM avatar
Gregg, you wouldn't look half so old if you'd brush that sagebrush powder out of your hair! eye rolling smiley

As for Monte and his recoil problems with those so called high HP detectors, I hear they sell recoil pads at the sporting goods store. If that doesn't do it, perhaps if he used a larger, heavier coil out on the end of that thing he wouldn't get so much lift when he went over a good target. winking smiley

Just some thoughts that occurred to me as I was sittin here ponderin going 'tectin.

Rich

OregonGregg

Yep!!!!

But so am I and that's why I keep a few simple to operate, yet high-performance/h.p. machines ( Core, Relic & Racers) I just never seen an advantage to having a machine that has 1623 separate adjustments....................

Back in very early 2015 Monte just received the Fors CoRe and he called me. ( this was back when he was still in Arlington) So I loaded the dogs up one early morning and made the drive over to see this new machine.

So Monte set up a few tests to give the CoRe a try. It certainly met one of his criteria.....simple to operate/set up and it provided performance. But even then I don't think he was ready for the raw performance/h.p. that this machine could crank out.

In picture #1 he was getting to run thru a test on the Nail Board.

Even after 5 decades of detecting he wasn't prepared for the raw power of the CoRe. I told him to go easy and start slow, but he cranked'r up to almost full power ( 95 on the gain) with that much power emminating outta the machine, he was quite unprepared for the re-coil that followed when he swept over that highly conductive coin ( see Picture #2) I thought for a second the machine was gonna get away from him.

Since that time, I was sold and there has been a Nokta and Makro machine in my arsenal ever since cool smiley

I just like sticking to the "Keep It Simple" method.

It's YOU that makes the difference.

Deus ** Bandido ** CoRe ** 800 ** XLT **
Subject Author Views Posted

Detector Talk - Settings Choices and Why?

UtahRich 241 December 22, 2019 01:12AM

Re: Detector Talk - Settings Choices and Why? Attachments

OregonGregg 190 December 24, 2019 03:17PM

using too much detector. grinning smiley

UtahRich 164 December 26, 2019 08:31PM

Re: using too much detector. grinning smiley Attachments

OregonGregg 148 December 27, 2019 06:05AM

Sagebrush dust remover

UtahRich 142 December 27, 2019 06:54AM

Re: Sagebrush dust remover

D&P-OR 98 December 27, 2019 04:32PM

Re: using too much detector. grinning smiley

D&P-OR 92 December 27, 2019 06:14AM

Now, that gave me a Christmas morning chuckle. N/T

Monte 93 December 25, 2019 06:14AM

Settings Choices and Why? ---- Very good topics and reminders, Rich.

Monte 161 December 22, 2019 08:48AM

That settles it, I'm getting old. . . . . . . . . thinking . . . . . . . . . N/T

UtahRich 110 December 23, 2019 09:58AM

We're not gettin OLD----we're jes gettin BETTER LOOKIN!!!!!!!!!!! N/T

D&P-OR 124 December 23, 2019 10:10AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 35
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018