Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Todd, an answer about 'Metal Detector Filters' regardless of operating frequency range.

January 10, 2020 02:35PM avatar
Thanks for the history lesson on metal detector filters Monte. smiling smiley

Here's the hyperlink for the article titled How to know what filter setting to use., by Rob Olszta, Find's Treasure Forums, that includes his statement at the bottom "All metal mode uses none of these filters and is therefore a deeper mode.". [www.metaldetectingintheusa.com]

You will note Rob Olszta'st article is un-dated, but I presume it could have been published around the same time period as the one below it by Mike Hillis, dated March 21, 2016. So I realize this information, or at least some of it, could now be obsolete. Nevertheless, the statement at the bottom of Olszta's article is what caused me to ask you my question and now I know why AM mode provides more depth of EMF than Disc.. winking smiley

As always, I'll hard-copy your reply and file it in my "Monte" folder by current-date-at-the-top, for future reference.
I treasure your replies ! grinning smiley

BTW, with all the exercise you give your fingers at the keyboard gymnasium, I wouldn't stand a chance in a hand grip contest with you ! LOL

Toddb64

Teknetics Gamma 6000, Tesoro Bandido ⅡµMax and Compadre, White's Classic Ⅱ, Garrett Ace250, Pro-Pointer AT, Treasure Products Vibra-Probe 570, Cen-Tech Pinpointer, Lesche Digger, Tabdog Digger Replica, Detect USA RatphonesMax Headphones, Janster Coin Probe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2020 02:46PM by ToddB64.
Subject Author Views Posted

VLF Metal Detector Filters

ToddB64 54 January 09, 2020 05:52PM

Todd, an answer about 'Metal Detector Filters' regardless of operating frequency range.

Monte 68 January 10, 2020 11:20AM

Re: Todd, an answer about 'Metal Detector Filters' regardless of operating frequency range.

ToddB64 33 January 10, 2020 07:28PM

Re: An error I didn't catch. Meant to type the 'b' and not the neighboring 'n'.

ToddB64 28 January 13, 2020 02:28AM

ToddB64 35 January 10, 2020 02:35PM

Rob's write-up is interesting, and points out some of what I remind folks quite often.

Monte 35 January 11, 2020 09:22AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018