Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: An error I didn't catch. Meant to type the 'b' and not the neighboring 'n'.

January 13, 2020 02:28AM avatar
Monte
And before UtahRich or OregonGregg or some other comic chimes in ... Yes, I should have used the 'b' word and not the 'n' word.eye popping smiley

Heavens, I can't proof read everything I type, or even a fair share of it, and when I make a good I get red arrowed on a little flub-up.winking smiley

Monte

Monte,

Honestly, I wasn't even thinking about or referring to the "N" in GEN at the bottom of the acronyms list when I red-arrowed
"... but more popularly ... .".

I was just having trouble connecting that phrase with anything above or below it. Guess I was experiencing some "brain fog" and my perception was running low. winking smiley

In hindsight I presume you meant for readers to mentally string everything together to read as follows:

" GEB . General Search Mode...but more popularly...All Metal because that's what the initial 'VLF' mode provided.".
Or am I misinterpreting ?

:
GB ... Ground Balance
GEB . Ground Exclusion Balance
GC ... Ground Cancel
GNC . Ground Neutralizing Circuitry
GA .... Ground Adjust
GEN . General Search Mode
... but more popularly ...
All Metal because that's what the initial 'VLF' mode provided.

I believe you indicated in an earlier post that your first metal detector was one you built yourself from a Heath Kit back in 1968 or thereabouts, and so you have been involved in this great sport for over 50 years and sharing your knowledge with fellow enthusiasts, for which we are grateful.

Now that you are Director of AHRPS, traveling a lot and teaching at seminars and doing your utmost to be responsive with replies to e-mails and forum questions, your plate is obviously full-to-the-rim, but despite the pressure you no doubt find great satisfaction and enjoyment in doing what you love !

Just keep in mind that while we are made by our creator to handle occasional stress, if we are experiencing chronic stress it can be hazardous to our health, I know that from personal experience. eye rolling smiley

ToddB64

Teknetics Gamma 6000, Tesoro Bandido ⅡµMax and Compadre, White's Classic Ⅱ, Garrett Ace250, Pro-Pointer AT, Treasure Products Vibra-Probe 570, Cen-Tech Pinpointer, Lesche Digger, Tabdog Digger Replica, Detect USA RatphonesMax Headphones, Janster Coin Probe.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2020 02:50AM by ToddB64.
Subject Author Views Posted

VLF Metal Detector Filters

ToddB64 50 January 09, 2020 05:52PM

Todd, an answer about 'Metal Detector Filters' regardless of operating frequency range.

Monte 67 January 10, 2020 11:20AM

Re: Todd, an answer about 'Metal Detector Filters' regardless of operating frequency range.

ToddB64 31 January 10, 2020 07:28PM

Re: An error I didn't catch. Meant to type the 'b' and not the neighboring 'n'.

ToddB64 26 January 13, 2020 02:28AM

Re: Todd, an answer about 'Metal Detector Filters' regardless of operating frequency range.

ToddB64 34 January 10, 2020 02:35PM

Rob's write-up is interesting, and points out some of what I remind folks quite often.

Monte 34 January 11, 2020 09:22AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018