Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hey, it's great you stopped by!

January 15, 2020 09:26PM avatar
Sorry things are keeping you preoccupied, but try a visit a little more often.

Congrats on nabbing some oldies. Tokens, tags, coins .... they are what help to keep us going in this great sport.thumbs up

Happy Birthday Rob, and enjoy the drive to the opposite end of Utah. I always enjoyed that drive, and getting down that way when it wasn't in the high-heat of summer. I didn't get down there frequently when I live in and around Ogden, but I made it often enough to get in some hunting time and see some friends who lived there and Santa Clara, and visit my older brother who lived in St. George or down the road in Mesquite.

They had some good contacts and access to some older hunt sites, but they have all either passed away or drifted off and out of the detecting hobby. Most of those trips were back in '94 to '98 and I haven't got a clue where to suggest you go. The last place I did OK was along the back route headed from Santa Clara to Mesquite. You'll have some weather in the 50° to 55° range those days and no snow or rain, so that should be a welcome change

I do have one suggestion for you, however, and you can share it with your friend down that way, too. That is to work up a get-away in your work schedule to attend the 12th WTHO based out of Wells, NV on June 3rd thru 6th / 7th. No problem figuring out where to hunt as it involves at least 6 ghost towns with history back to at least 1868-'69. The Outing is just a little less than 5 months away.

In the meantime, get out and enjoy your birthday get-away! I hope you chance across a few places that are productive.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: I rely on an assortment of personal favorites I happen to like that work for me when and where I need them.
Pinpointers: Makro & Pulse-Dive .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... Detector Pro's Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

St. George Utah Detecting Attachments

Pneumaticninja 81 January 15, 2020 02:53PM

Hey, it's great you stopped by!

Monte 53 January 15, 2020 09:26PM

Re: Hey, it's great you stopped by!

Pneumaticninja 53 January 15, 2020 09:47PM

Be glad to help your Dad! ... And I am really enjoying the Simplex+.

Monte 53 January 15, 2020 10:58PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018