Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Isn't testing detector performance fun!

February 18, 2020 04:53AM avatar
When we are on the Outing in June I plan to have several 'controlled' Test Samples for folks to try. Using the same test-piece, such as my Nail Board, it is easy to duplicate a controlled test anywhere. But just wait until we get down to Nevada. I'll have a few samples in small containers for folks to check out ... using their chosen detector and coil and settings as they plan to search with ... and not tinker around for one test and change it up for another. Just as if ready-to-hunt.

I'll have some unseen Test Targets, my 'controlled' Nail Board, the Nickel & Nail 'Plank Board', and the Nail on Brass Button-Front, plus a random approach using 1, 3 and 5 Iron Nails in a "Shaker-Box'. I plan to bring a maker-board, too, so we can tally the scores of the different detector & coil performance results as a whole.

Who, and I should also say What, is going to win? Which detectors and coils are going to bring us the highest point-count for GT type challenges? Who might use the best ready-to-hunt settings or Who might need to rethink their detector control use?

Okay, enough of the testing discussions. It's time to go find a place to work a coil.thumbs up It's 21° at 4:45 AM, but is supposed to maybe warm up to 44° today and be mostly sunny with little to no wind. I think I'll head off to grab breakfast, fuel-up, and go in search of a place to hunt today. I hope you can do the same over your direction.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: I rely on an assortment of personal favorites I happen to like that work for me when and where I need them.
Pinpointers: Makro & Pulse-Dive .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... Detector Pro's Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Test layouts and results

glabelle 60 February 17, 2020 03:36PM

Isn't testing detector performance fun!

Monte 56 February 18, 2020 04:53AM

Detector performance reporting

glabelle 50 February 18, 2020 07:05AM

Nice idea, but an impossible task.

Monte 46 February 18, 2020 09:57AM

Re: Nice idea, but an impossible task.

glabelle 42 February 18, 2020 02:22PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018