Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Ghost Town Hunting: Part 1... 'How to Prepare.'.

February 19, 2020 09:21AM
Monte
Smaller-size Iron junk was generally ignored due to the circuitry design and operating frequencies, such as most Iron nails, Iron Screws, and even those crown-type Bottle Caps. Oh, we did find some ferrous-based junk, like those Bottle Openers and even some Bottle Caps, but that was due to the fact they were a man-made, man-shaped object that created problems with the EMF.

Monte, if the old T-R ignored nails, why not use them today in the ghost towns? (I have a 6000di w/T-R mode!)

Monte
Well, let me share this photo link, and please, click on it and take a look: 'Welcome to Nails' by 'glabelle'
I want to give a 'Thank You' to George for this photo contribution, that I believe is from recent years on one of our Welcome-to-Hunt Outings. I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong.)

You are correct. That was from a spot in Tobar, Nevada. There were worse spots too!

BTW, this is why I believe there are plenty of coins left - under nails. My theory is that the townspeople dropped coins while the town was active. Later others came in dismantled it and/or burned it down - leaving the nails on top!
Subject Author Views Posted

Ghost Town Hunting: Part 1... 'How to Prepare.'.

Monte 76 February 19, 2020 09:08AM

Ghost Town Hunting: Part 2.. 'Selecting Detector & Coil'

Monte 63 February 20, 2020 01:02AM

Ghost Town Hunting: Part 3 .. 'Before You Get to the Ghost Town'

Monte 48 February 20, 2020 01:05AM

Ghost Town Hunting: ... Part 4 .. Now, are Detectors, Coils and Settings up to the Task?

Monte 50 February 20, 2020 07:51AM

glabelle 61 February 19, 2020 09:21AM

Monte 42 February 19, 2020 09:45AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018