Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Good results, but different test.

February 22, 2020 05:58AM avatar
Kickindirt
Tried the ole nickel and nail challenge. Troy shadow X5 will pass it with 5" coil.
Believe it or not the multi kruzer with 15.5x14" coil will too. Ha ha never would have believed it myself if I didn't try it. Figured no one would believe me so put it on vid.
It's always good to hear how a detector / coil set-up and chosen adjustments can provide us with good performance. It's also good to learn how some things just don't come through and performance isn't there. but there are differences between similar tests. The Nails and Nickel, as you show, have a different coin-to-nail spacing that what I saw in George's set-up or Gregg's set-up on those I have in position on my 'Nail Plank Board'. At the Outing or any time in the futures when I evaluate any make or model, it will be using my Nail Plank Board because the Iron Nails are anchored in place and can't be moved, plus they are closer to the US 5¢ Coin than in the other similar tests. That, alone, can make a big difference in performance.

Kickindirt
Figured I better not break out the deus and leave ya some lunch money lol.

Troy X5 was set to barely knock out the nails.
Multi kruzer was just at the factory 3 tone presets enjoy
Using my Ghost Town Hunting settings in all my models, to include my XP ORX units, my Nokta CoRe and Relic and Simplex+ units, Tesoro Bandido II µMAX as my Relic Hunting models, plus I used some of my 'other' detectors to get very good hits on Test #5yesterday and this morning. The Test you're doing in the video is what I use for Nail Test #2. Nail test #3 will also see most detectors only get half of the possible hits.

by the way, in the videos, we can't test all 360° around these without very accurate measurement, so the diagonal sweep with the Kruzer wouldn't count. Some models I've used do better than that, by the way, and some do worse. Coil size, shape and type, plus detector circuitry, all come into play.

The most challenging approach to doing this test is:

1.. Sweep the Nail & Coin 'crosswise' to the Nails and then 'lengthwise' with the Nails.

2.. Make a 'normal' full-length side-to-side sweep as if hunting an area so the coil is coming from a point away from the Test Samples and then crossing them at a 'normal' sweep speed and then past the test Sample so the trailing coil edge is away from the set-up. Also at a normal sweep and NOT use a tight little coil wiggle.

So, are you going to bring that Shadow X5 on the WTHO to tackle those infested sites?

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: I rely on an assortment of personal favorites I happen to like that work for me when and where I need them.
Pinpointers: Makro & Pulse-Dive .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... Detector Pro's Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Monte you owe me $40 !! Ha ha

Kickindirt 92 February 21, 2020 04:01PM

Good results, but different test.

Monte 61 February 22, 2020 05:58AM

Re: Good results, but different test.

Kickindirt 56 February 22, 2020 10:12AM

Hey Joel, like I said ....

Monte 51 February 22, 2020 07:40PM

Monte, remember the Tek 5" coil you sold me?

glabelle 52 February 22, 2020 08:05PM

A 5" DD that gets a new detector ... smiling bouncing smiley

Monte 55 February 22, 2020 08:51PM

Re: A 5" DD that gets a new detector ... smiling bouncing smiley

glabelle 51 February 22, 2020 09:40PM

A detector and coil change comes with comments and a suggestion.

Monte 50 February 23, 2020 12:12PM

The Bigger ha ha !!!

OregonGregg 71 February 21, 2020 07:32PM

Sworn to secrecy!!!

Monte 63 February 22, 2020 05:16AM

Re: The Bigger ha ha !!!

Kickindirt 51 February 21, 2020 07:36PM

Re: The Bigger ha ha !!!

OregonGregg 51 February 22, 2020 03:42AM

Re: Monte you owe me $40 !! Ha ha

glabelle 59 February 21, 2020 04:42PM

Re: Monte you owe me $40 !! Ha ha

Kickindirt 51 February 21, 2020 04:59PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018