Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hey Joel, like I said ....

February 22, 2020 07:40PM avatar
"good results, but different test" and just a different test sample layout than mine or Greggs or George's. But in the end, a good test. Why? because you and viewers learned something about the performance ability of a detector.

No different than my #4 Nail & Coin test with a 5¢ coin which I took with me today. Gregg & I traveled out to Rippville to see how the ground was, as in muddy or huntable, and check out the weed growth, etc. I took a few minutes, like maybe 2 or 3, before we left to show him how some makes from long ago (Mfg. in '75/'76) to modern and trendy can handle some of the challenges we deal with today. Iron, especially Nails.

#4 is a tough test for a lot of today's detector designs to deal with, and all that means is it is an 'educational tool' and helps people learn that while we have made some advances in detector design, we have also left some performance behind along the way. Not counting any of the detectors I have up for sale, just checking out my current Regular-Use Detector Outfit (Nokta CoRe, Relic and Simplex+, two XP ORX w/different coils, Minelab Vanquish 540 Pro Pack and Tesoro Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX) plus my Seminar and Occasional-Use and Loaner-Units (Garrett Master Hunter TR-Disc., Money Hunter TR-Disc. and American S2 TR-Disc, Compass Coin Hustler TR and Fisher F44) I have five detectors that I have checked so far that can easily pass the #4 test with proper set-up. That includes models using Concentric coils or Double-D coils.

But the other units fail to provide any decent response to th 5¢ Coin from any direction of sweep. It's just a fun learning experience as was the test You did. I mean, you saw a test, wondered if your Shadow X5 could handle that or a similar challenge, and now you know. I know the weak link about the Shadow X5, but I also know what it can do for some applications. I had an opportunity to pick one up with the 3 coils I liked, the 5", 7" and 9", in trade for my 1½ hour use Tek. T2+ w/3 coils. I didn't need the Shadow X5, but considered it .... then I 'considered' a bit too long and the package I could trade for got sold.sad smiley

If you're thinking about selling your package, drop me an e-mail or PM or text message and let me know what you're looking to get for it.

After the adventure Gregg & I enjoyed today, getting out into almost decent conditions (except for the blasted breeze) I am hoping you and everyone else is enjoying or about to enjoy a welcome to spring. I know that trimming down my Detector Outfit to lighter and better-balanced units is going to help me hang in there longer this year. The Shadows X5 isn't needed, but it would keep my detector line-up lighter-weight and well balances. I also need some smaller and lighter coils from Nokta / Makro for my Simplex+, too.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: I rely on an assortment of personal favorites I happen to like that work for me when and where I need them.
Pinpointers: Makro & Pulse-Dive .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... Detector Pro's Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Monte you owe me $40 !! Ha ha

Kickindirt 92 February 21, 2020 04:01PM

Good results, but different test.

Monte 62 February 22, 2020 05:58AM

Re: Good results, but different test.

Kickindirt 56 February 22, 2020 10:12AM

Hey Joel, like I said ....

Monte 51 February 22, 2020 07:40PM

Monte, remember the Tek 5" coil you sold me?

glabelle 52 February 22, 2020 08:05PM

A 5" DD that gets a new detector ... smiling bouncing smiley

Monte 55 February 22, 2020 08:51PM

Re: A 5" DD that gets a new detector ... smiling bouncing smiley

glabelle 51 February 22, 2020 09:40PM

A detector and coil change comes with comments and a suggestion.

Monte 50 February 23, 2020 12:12PM

The Bigger ha ha !!!

OregonGregg 71 February 21, 2020 07:32PM

Sworn to secrecy!!!

Monte 63 February 22, 2020 05:16AM

Re: The Bigger ha ha !!!

Kickindirt 51 February 21, 2020 07:36PM

Re: The Bigger ha ha !!!

OregonGregg 51 February 22, 2020 03:42AM

Re: Monte you owe me $40 !! Ha ha

glabelle 59 February 21, 2020 04:42PM

Re: Monte you owe me $40 !! Ha ha

Kickindirt 51 February 21, 2020 04:59PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018