Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

interesting things to consider.thinking

February 23, 2020 09:30AM avatar
With virtually all forums, there are far more 'readers' than there are 'forum participants' who post and reply. That's one thing I have long been aware of noting the activity on the AHRPS Forums.

Being 'Lost' if you happen to favor a particular brand. For example, one day there was a Tesoro Forum on Findmall and then I guess they didn't pay a bill to support it so .. 'Zap!' ... no more Tesoro Forum and they created the "Beep-and-Dig" Forum.

Later, there were a few White's brand Forums, especially active for the MXT followers, then .. .. 'Zap!' .. no more White's Forums and they were replaced with the Metal Detecting Comparison Forum and all the useful former posts and information to review ... gone!

Today, there is no direct place for Tesoro or White's users to check out related to their specific brand. With those changes in just the recent few years, I started noting a decline in Forum activity and hearing some folks gripe that their brand of interest, even for a short while, was not represented. And then we also note on Findmall, as well as many other long-time Metal Detecting forums, that they can leave you "Dazed-and-Confused ??" By that I mean so many 'sub-forums by detector brand, such as for each model or model group within a brand, as well as a lot of other off-topics that are not related to metal detecting.

In those cases it can get difficult for a poster to try and follow and responses and discussions because the particular topic gets lost in so many different places to post. That's why on Findmall I only go to two Forums unless asked to check something else out, and on Friendly MD Forum I only go to one location for discussion. Just too 'busy' for me to horse around with.

That's why I have specific Brand Forums and not sub-forums by model, even to include the now Out-of-Business Tesoro Electronics. Not just because I like my favorites, but because they have been around for a long time, they perform well, and they are a popular model many people still own and use..

But things have changed at Findmall and some don't like the format, the loss of 'Signatures' and other changes. There are some things I do like about their new site design and I am keeping it in mind because I'm going to have to make some forum design changes to AHRPS in the future as well.

But I do have some good news that relates to metal detecting forums. Spring is about here !!!

More people will be getting out, finding stuff, and posting on the Forums with new activity, different sites found, and more recoveries made (hopefully). Plus we have some newer detectors that are going to be discussed, also.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: I rely on an assortment of personal favorites I happen to like that work for me when and where I need them.
Pinpointers: Makro & Pulse-Dive .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... Detector Pro's Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Findmall Forums

SvenS 122 February 23, 2020 06:47AM

Re: Findmall Forums

glabelle 75 February 23, 2020 04:43PM

Pay to Play is name of the gamethumbs down

Hombre 74 February 23, 2020 04:26PM

Forums: Making the rounds

UtahRich 76 February 23, 2020 01:24PM

Re: Forums: Making the rounds

SvenS 71 February 23, 2020 03:59PM

Re: Forums: Making the rounds

glabelle 58 February 23, 2020 04:40PM

interesting things to consider.thinking

Monte 66 February 23, 2020 09:30AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018