Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Forums: Making the rounds

February 23, 2020 01:24PM avatar
Sven,

I've been a long time member of Findmall and like you, have found fewer folks gathering there lately.

Like others, I was disappointed to see the Tesoro and White's forums terminated. Loss of both those forums (with whites sub-forums for various models) diminished what findmall had to offer those of us that hang out on the forums. Many Tesoro and Whites machines are floating around on the used market. It is beneficial as a detectorists to be able to go back thru old posts and beef up on ones detector knowledge with a recently acquired 'oldie'.

Another detracting factor, during the introduction of Minelabs new equinox, there was a lot of combativeness on findmall that was left completely unchecked. Trolls will gather where they're allowed. Cage fighting at its finest. For me, it became a place I frequented less and finally avoided. I migrated over to Steve Herschbach's Detector Prospector forum and found welcome relief. It hasn't been the same going back to findmall though the combativeness has settled down. Different group of folks now.

Today, I spend most of my time here on Monte's forum as I continue to seek improvement in my old west detecting knowledge and skills. I like the folks that frequent here, the knowledge and skills they have that they willingly share. I also keep a close eye on Detector Prospector, the Friendly Metal detecting forum and Dankowski as I'm trying to improve and expand my water detecting / abilities equipment. I visit the places the water hunters hang out.

Lastly, the Classified Section of findmall was a big attractor. With the turn down in the used market, prices have bottomed out. Recent new offerings with much more bang-for-your-buck makes it hard to sell older detectors for much, just very little current interest in used detectors.

Rich

800 - Deus - CoRe - XLT

It's YOU that makes the difference.
Subject Author Views Posted

Findmall Forums

SvenS 120 February 23, 2020 06:47AM

Re: Findmall Forums

glabelle 72 February 23, 2020 04:43PM

Pay to Play is name of the gamethumbs down

Hombre 73 February 23, 2020 04:26PM

Forums: Making the rounds

UtahRich 72 February 23, 2020 01:24PM

Re: Forums: Making the rounds

SvenS 69 February 23, 2020 03:59PM

Re: Forums: Making the rounds

glabelle 56 February 23, 2020 04:40PM

interesting things to consider.thinking

Monte 65 February 23, 2020 09:30AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018