Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Which Is Nokta Makro Flagship Detector?

March 07, 2020 08:02AM avatar
tabman
I just noticed that there was a topic about this over in the brands' forum. At any rate, of the older models, I liked the Nokta FORS CoRe a lot. The Multi-Kruzer is a contender when paired with the 7-inch concentric search coil. I liked the CoRe better with its lower frequency than the higher frequency Relic, I guess because I'm a coin hunter and don't like digging birdshot and gum wrappers. If my memory serves me correctly I think it even ran smoother and had a better audio response. I haven't ever tried the Nokta Anfibio. What does it bring to the table that the others don't?

tabman

Hey Tabman, you and I are on the same page as far as the CoRe goes. Monte and I go round and round ( in a friendly way) about the CoRe vs Relic. Both great machines, but I like the CoRe better. Is it perfect....no. It lacks some of the nice features the other models you mention have such as Iron Audio Volume.

Of the models still in production, mainly the Kruzer and Anfibio as far as performance neither gave an advantage over the CoRe or Relic ( at least hunting the sites I do.) However, if hunting Parks/Wide Open areas you might get a depth advantage with these two, mainly due with the newer 11" round coil design vs the older 11 x 7 design found on the CoRe and Relic. ( I haven't forgotten the Impact, Monte has one coming and we can run it thru a few test again to refresh our memories. When it launched it came with a small 4x7 coil. With that coil, it failed the test miserably. Granted it was a tough test ( 1/2 dime on Nailboard with an extra nail added) but it bombed out 1st. Since then they have made a 5" coil for it which I suspect will help give the machine much better performance)

As far as physical packages the CoRe and Relic balance very well. Even though at first sight they might appear to look heavy...they aren't and balance very well especially with their mid and smaller size coils.

Of the Kruzer and Anfibio, the Kruzer is on a simple S rod system and the Anfibio is more straight rod with a pistol grip. The Anfibio I feel has a much better balance over the Kruzer. Also the Kruzer and Anfibio have a more digitized audio vs the smooth tones of the Core and Relic machines.

I actually bought a new Kruzer awhile back. after 2 days I sold it. One it didn't give any greater performance, the balance was not good. Since it was a waterproof machine I had to hang extra adapter cords off it to be able to plug in my Pro Stars.

With the Kruzer,Impact ( Racer2) and Anfibio you do have the option of wireless headphones.( My problem was the wireless never gave me enough volume and I had to squint if you will to hear them. But my hearing suks and that is why I stick to the Pro Stars. At 50 ohms I can hear them great and have plenty of volume.

At the end of the day the CoRe, Relic, Racers, Kruzer, Impact and Anfibio will give you the performance you need to tackle the sites we hit like the ones we will hit in Wells. Pick the one you feel will work best with you.

Do you want wireless, do you want selectable freq. to pick from. Is weight and balance the biggest concern. Do you want to be able to have firmware updates ??

Personally I don't want a machine that requires updates of the software. If it requires updates to "make it better" then I feel it didn't come out of the factory right in the first place. Second, if you are constantly changing the firmware then to me you are changing the machine. I feel one advantage for me with the CoRe is after 100's of hours and learning the nuances etc, you just learn what the machine is trying to tell you. Some of those awful iffy signals, but your gut is telling you to dig etc etc. If you keep changing your machine you lose that advantage and constantly re-learning the nuances of the machine. So for me, the Core is the same machine over and over and over. I turn it on today or ten years from now.......its still the exact same machine and I get a little better with it over time.

LOL so I am sure I am going to catch some flack for my backwoods, I don't embrace new tech etc etc. But for me I don't need all that Star Trek stuff to make a machine work. Just give me my no-frills CoRe and lots of hours on that no-frill machine and I'll find a few neat things.

Sorry if I kinda only babbled and bounced around......rushing to get out the door to go feed some cows. But you get the idea. Any of the machines mentioned will serve you well. Just pick the one that has the features and options etc that best suit your needs and then go find some stuff.

I did, however, find the last new remaining specimen in North America. Had to get it deep outta the middle of Canada. ( See Pic) Guess what I'll be using in the future?

Disclaimer, even though he is always trying to force that XP Juice down me, I always get my new machines from Kickndirt, because he's a good friend and he offers the best prices smiling smiley but in the case of this fine specimen, he didn't have access as they are discontinued and I had to go way up north to even find it smiling smiley

Quick edit, the beloved CoRe ( and Relic, Racers, Impact) uses 4 AA batteries, not those non-replaceable rechargeable ones that over time will degrade and require service from the factory at some point......provided the factory still exists in the future smiling smiley

Ok got my flame suit on..........ready for the attack of the techies ......bring it on smiling smiley

CoRe
Relic
Racers

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2020 08:17AM by OregonGregg.
Attachments:
open | download - 20200303_170429.jpg (377.3 KB)
open | download - 20200303_170722.jpg (458.3 KB)
Subject Author Views Posted

Which Is Nokta Makro Flagship Detector?

tabman 104 March 06, 2020 07:27PM

Thanks For All The Great Info!

tabman 61 March 07, 2020 07:15PM

"Flagship?" ... How about 'Most Satisfying?'

Monte 92 March 07, 2020 12:47PM

Kickindirt 80 March 06, 2020 09:33PM

tabman 80 March 07, 2020 05:27AM

Hombre 38 March 19, 2020 11:29AM

My reply as we get to the CoRe of the matter.winking smiley

Monte 50 March 07, 2020 03:50PM

Re: Which Is Nokta Makro Flagship Detector? Attachments

OregonGregg 68 March 07, 2020 08:02AM

Gregg makes a very strong case thumbs up I also have a CoRe. N/T

UtahRich 42 March 07, 2020 04:25PM

Kickindirt 47 March 07, 2020 11:20AM

glabelle 60 March 07, 2020 09:15AM

My reply, and an oversight in your conclusion.

Monte 54 March 08, 2020 09:10AM

Re: My reply, and an oversight in your conclusion.

glabelle 51 March 08, 2020 12:19PM

Back to you, ... and I have two Concentic coils for you to test.

Monte 57 March 09, 2020 02:43AM

Re: Back to you, ... and I have two Concentic coils for you to test.

glabelle 44 March 09, 2020 08:23AM

Hard CoRe

UtahRich 58 March 07, 2020 04:29PM

Re: Which Is Nokta Makro Flagship Detector? Attachments

OregonGregg 65 March 07, 2020 01:51PM

glabelle 62 March 07, 2020 03:02PM

OregonGregg 45 March 08, 2020 06:11AM

glabelle 41 March 08, 2020 06:52AM

OregonGregg 48 March 07, 2020 03:51PM

glabelle 61 March 07, 2020 07:40AM

Hombre 81 March 06, 2020 08:17PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018