Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Flagship?" ... How about 'Most Satisfying?'

March 07, 2020 12:47PM avatar
Often, a "Flagship" or "Top-of-the-Line" model isn't something that impresses me for my wants and needs. Quite often, I get better performance afield from some models that are "mid-line" compared to their "Flagship." Example with White's. Flagship? The V3i. My preferred models that are my 'favorites' in their product line are th MXT Pro and MX-7. Teknetics? The T2 series is the "Flagship" model, but I enjoyed using the Omega 8000 much more for the bulk of my Coin & Jewelry Hunting, as well as having a better search coil selection than the 'Flagship' offers.

With the Nokta / Makro product line, I will say the Anfibio Multi is probably considered their 'Flagship' model and I really like it for what it offers and the general performance. However ....out of all the Nokta and Makro models I have owned and used, and that's most of them, these are my Favorites. The Most Satisfying for me and my wants and needs:

Nokta FORS CoRe, mainly with the small 'OOR' DD for nasty, dense trash and brush and building rubble, or a 5X9½ DD for open areas.

Nokta FORS Relic, mainly with the small 5" DD for trashier places, especially for unmasking in ferrous debris. Also a 5X9½ DD for open areas.

Nokta Impact, especially w/7" Concentric coil to serve as a "Scouting Unit" as well as urban Coin & Jewelry Hunting device. A 5" DD for dense trash is available with my extra coils..

Nokta / Makro Simplex+ w/11" DD since that's all they have now. I really need one or two smaller-size coils. Fun to use, if it's wet outside, and for open parks, beaches, etc.

Additional reasons why these work for me:

I have been using this CoRe since January of '15 when it totally impressed me with a comfortable feel and balance, exceptional performance in Iron nails, out-performed all my other Relic Hunting models at the time, and still worked fine for a lot of city Coin & Jewelry Hunting. The 15 kHz frequency is kind of a 'universal' choice, and the device is Simple, Functional and provides Performance, and I always like those three conditions to be met. It is powered by 4 AA alkaline batteries and I find them very affordable and have a good supply.

The Nokta Relic I've used since January of '16 when this impressive 19 kHz model gives me the same balance, feel and comfort as the CoRe, yet also features Iron Audio Volume and a 'Boost' mode for working open areas with a lower amount of trash to deal with. The real benefits I noted with the prototype was from the slightly higher 19 kHz frequency to help unmask the partially hidden non-ferrous targets in ghost towns and related places, taking advantage of hearing the Iron present, but with the reduced audio loudness or volume level. Like the CoRe, the Relic is also powered by 4-AA alkaline batteries.

The Nokta Impact was the first of their Selectable Frequency models, and personally I like it the best of them for a couple of reasons. While the Anfibio has a slightly more comfortable hand-grip, I didn't have a problem with the Impact and I liked its feel and balance. I also prefer the wrap-around coil cable approach with the Anfibio and other models compared with the inside-the-rod design of the Impact. However, that being said, I very, very seldom change search coils on a detector. I will have a 5" DD for my Impact, but it will be in my Accessory Coil Tote because for get-serious Relic Hunting the CoRe and Relic are at-the-ready with their smaller-size coils already mounted and they are proven performers. And those two main reasons? It tales 4-AA alkaline batteries, and has the rear-located Headphone Jack.

For me and my applications, the Impact is going to serve as one of my two 'Scouting Units' and, for that, it will keep the round 7" Concentric coil mounted full-time. Very handy for 'scouting' a site, and it works well for a lot of old-site hunting where I encounter rusty tin. And when I'm not in the out-of-the-way locations, the Impact w/7" Concentric makes a really good urban Coin & Jewelry Hunting set-up. Plus, it provides the quick-change option from the default 14 kHz to the lower 5 kHz or higher 20 kHz as I see a need for.

It has more modes than I want or need, as do the Multi Kruzer and Anfibio Multi, but it does have one feature difference I prefer ... like the others above, it uses 4-AA alkaline batteries and I am not restricted to a full-time rechargeable battery system. No built-in charging, and the rear-positioned battery and speaker housing adds a bit of a nice rear balance, or counter-balance you might call it. And since I've eliminated the 8-AA White's detectors from my Outfit, I've considered using NiMH batteries for my detectors and go 'rechargeable.' Not that I have to, just that I might since I have the 4-AA chargers and can do the charging in the vehicle while in transit or at home or a motel. (I never thought I'd admit considering it this decidedly! eye popping smiley)

So I have my two dedicated old-site units with the CoRe and Relic, and a great 'Cross-Over' unit with the Impact that can handle Coin Hunting and Relic Hunting,, plus with the 7" Concentric coil it naturally works as a 'Scouting' or 'Cross-Over' model. it will join my other 'Cross-Over' / 'Scouting Unit' the Minelab vanquish 540 w/5X8 DD. My XP ORX w/5X9½ DD and Tesoro Bandido II µMAX w/6" Concentric are also part of my dedicated Relic Hunting Team.

To this trio of Nokta / Makro devices I include the Simplex+. It provides me the opportunity to use the round 11" DD standard coil, like I could with an Anfibio, but I have the waterproof design like the Anfibio or Kruzer series. Yet it is lighter weight and comfortably balanced, which is important to me, and it is a very Simple and Functional straight-forward design that really appeals to me. Surprisingly, even though this is their lowest-cost model today, the in-the-field performance is quite impressive, and one reason is that they selected just about the most universal operating frequency or a Coin & Jewelry Hunting devices of 12 kHz.

They are each a 'Flagship' in their own class, in my opinion, and comprise a 'Fleet' for me in the way of Nokta / Makro metal detectors.

Monte

PS: Glad to s you posting and look forward to meeting you at out WTHO in just 3 months.

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Vanquish 540 / CoRe, Relic & Simplex + / Bandido II µMAX & Silver Sabre µMAX / XLT / ORX
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... Garrett MS-3 Z-Lynk
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Which Is Nokta Makro Flagship Detector?

tabman 211 March 06, 2020 07:27PM

Thanks For All The Great Info!

tabman 142 March 07, 2020 07:15PM

"Flagship?" ... How about 'Most Satisfying?'

Monte 161 March 07, 2020 12:47PM

Re: Which Is Nokta Makro Flagship Detector?

Kickindirt 155 March 06, 2020 09:33PM

tabman 150 March 07, 2020 05:27AM

Hombre 127 March 19, 2020 11:29AM

My reply as we get to the CoRe of the matter.winking smiley

Monte 107 March 07, 2020 03:50PM

Re: Which Is Nokta Makro Flagship Detector? Attachments

OregonGregg 144 March 07, 2020 08:02AM

Gregg makes a very strong case thumbs up I also have a CoRe. N/T

UtahRich 103 March 07, 2020 04:25PM

Kickindirt 110 March 07, 2020 11:20AM

glabelle 122 March 07, 2020 09:15AM

My reply, and an oversight in your conclusion.

Monte 114 March 08, 2020 09:10AM

Re: My reply, and an oversight in your conclusion.

glabelle 112 March 08, 2020 12:19PM

Back to you, ... and I have two Concentic coils for you to test.

Monte 123 March 09, 2020 02:43AM

Re: Back to you, ... and I have two Concentic coils for you to test.

glabelle 104 March 09, 2020 08:23AM

Hard CoRe

UtahRich 126 March 07, 2020 04:29PM

Re: Which Is Nokta Makro Flagship Detector? Attachments

OregonGregg 136 March 07, 2020 01:51PM

glabelle 131 March 07, 2020 03:02PM

OregonGregg 100 March 08, 2020 06:11AM

glabelle 103 March 08, 2020 06:52AM

OregonGregg 128 March 07, 2020 03:51PM

glabelle 128 March 07, 2020 07:40AM

Hombre 144 March 06, 2020 08:17PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018