Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My reply as we get to the CoRe of the matter.winking smiley

March 07, 2020 03:50PM avatar
tabman
I just noticed that there was a topic about this over in the brands' forum. At any rate, of the older models, I liked the Nokta FORS CoRe a lot.
I know I liked my CoRe within ten minutes after getting it assembled and started tio evacuate it. Of course that was with the small 'OOR' DD coil that I figured I'd use the most since I haunt old places with a lot of building rubble and dense scattered trash. In that short span I felt the comfortable balance and put it to test on my Nail Board then another Test Sample I used at the time. The very basic design with simple-to-understand adjustments, combined with the end performance, very quickly vaulted to FORS CoRe to the #1 position in my General Purpose detectors.

tabman
The Multi-Kruzer is a contender when paired with the 7-inch concentric search coil.
The one and only option list the CoRe lacked was a Concentric coil. Don't get me wrong, I am not a total loyalist for one coil type over the other and have used Double-D coils since '71, so they aren't anything new to me. That stated, I have enjoyed a lot of success putting a good detector with a good Concentric coil to work for decades and I appreciate what a Concentric coil can do ... IF the detector it's mounted to was designed to work well with a Concentric design. Not all detectors are, so we often need to use a DD coil because the detector's circuitry design was created based on DD coil performance.

Anyway, I conveyed my wishes for a Concentric coil for the CoRe in both e-mails and phone calls with Dilek, but it wasn't to be. They did make one Concentric coil for the FORS Relic, and that was a solid-design 5½X10 elliptical coil. In outward appearance it looked like the 5½X10 DD, but there was some in-the-field advantages I liked about that Concentric coil on the Relic. But my personal preference would have been a round-shaped 6" to 7" diameter Concentric coil, and it was after the Impact was released that they finally made a 7" Concentric coil for the Racer series, and the Impact. Then fashioned one that was compatible with the Kruzer/Multi-Kruzer and the three Anfibio versions.

tabman
I liked the CoRe better with its lower frequency than the higher frequency Relic, I guess because I'm a coin hunter and don't like digging birdshot and gum wrappers. If my memory serves me correctly I think it even ran smoother and had a better audio response.
The audio response of the CoRe and Relic are very similar. The CoRe has an adjustable audio Tone, but I didn't care for the lower register, and most folks I knew didn't either. On the original prototype that would later be named the FORS Relic, they designed it with the medium Tone Level of '3' used in the CoRe.

Keith Southern and I evaluated the prototype through to the final revised version, and we both agreed that the tone needed to be increased to the Level '5' of the CoRe, so Alper made that change as well as a couple others we had suggested. They sent us each a Revised Prototype system box. We both agreed that it was ready-to-go and the production version used that circuitry design, plus they changed the model name to FORS Relic..

The Tone level is the same as '5' on the CoRe, and using the same modes the two models have a very close audio behavior. Yes, there are some subtle differences, and a bit of that might be attributed to the difference in operating frequency. However, there is more to it than just that when you're listening to and comparing audio responses of different makes and models.

For example, I like the audio response of the 'original' Racer and Racer 2, but in-use I prefer the audio quality and characteristics of the CoRe and Relic. I like the Impact audio as well, but there's a difference there and it's all in 'circuitry' so on the 'test' Impact I had that was with the other stolen detectors, I had to be selective on which headphones I used in order to hear a better (to me) audio response. It wasn't as loud or clear with the Pro Star headphones I was using with everything else and it took my Killer B 'Hornet' or 'Wasp' headphones to provide me the desired better audio.

The Kruzer and Anfibio have a somewhat different audio response that some folks like. But some of us don't, and I think it is more of a digitized sort of audio that just isn't as pleasant for me with my impaired hearing. Of all the Nokta and Makro models I've used, the CoRe and Relic are, by far, my favorite audio producers. Surprisingly, I find the Simplex + audio to be more 'likeable' than the Kruzer or Anfibio.

tabman
I haven't ever tried the Nokta Anfibio. What does it bring to the table that the others don't?
Waterproof package and built-in LiPO battery in the system box. That adds to more top-weight with the sturdier housing to resist leakage under water. It also features a collapsible rod design, and a lot more adjustment features than any of their other models.. Plenty of search modes to choose from... if you like to have a lot of search modes, and the ability to custom-set the Volume of each segment and not only the Iron Audio (or Low-Tone Audio) range.

As with any brand, or any selection of models, we are all going to have our personal preferences based on what we happen to like, and for the types of hunting we do and results we are satisfied with. And we certainly do not have to have the latest-and-greatest model, or the top-of-the-line, or the most current production.

Instead, I like to find, and keep, models that are proven and reliable for my needs. By this time Wednesday, my Detector Outfit will include the following:

2.. discontinued models from Nokta, the CoRe and Relic

1.. current production from Nokta / Makro but down-the-line with the Impact.

1.. So-called "entry-level" from Nokta / Makro with the Simplex+

2.. from a now defunct, out-of-business company, Tesoro, the Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX..
2.. so-called "entry-level" models from Minelab which are the Vanquish 540 Pros.

1.. current production, versatile performing XP Detectors model, the ORX.

Monte

Note the first two models I listed? There's a good reason why.thumbs up

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: I rely on an assortment of personal favorites I happen to like that work for me when and where I need them.
Pinpointers: Makro & Pulse-Dive .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... Detector Pro's Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Which Is Nokta Makro Flagship Detector?

tabman 102 March 06, 2020 07:27PM

Thanks For All The Great Info!

tabman 61 March 07, 2020 07:15PM

"Flagship?" ... How about 'Most Satisfying?'

Monte 88 March 07, 2020 12:47PM

Re: Which Is Nokta Makro Flagship Detector?

Kickindirt 79 March 06, 2020 09:33PM

tabman 79 March 07, 2020 05:27AM

Hombre 38 March 19, 2020 11:29AM

My reply as we get to the CoRe of the matter.winking smiley

Monte 48 March 07, 2020 03:50PM

Re: Which Is Nokta Makro Flagship Detector? Attachments

OregonGregg 66 March 07, 2020 08:02AM

Gregg makes a very strong case thumbs up I also have a CoRe. N/T

UtahRich 41 March 07, 2020 04:25PM

Kickindirt 44 March 07, 2020 11:20AM

glabelle 59 March 07, 2020 09:15AM

My reply, and an oversight in your conclusion.

Monte 54 March 08, 2020 09:10AM

Re: My reply, and an oversight in your conclusion.

glabelle 50 March 08, 2020 12:19PM

Back to you, ... and I have two Concentic coils for you to test.

Monte 55 March 09, 2020 02:43AM

Re: Back to you, ... and I have two Concentic coils for you to test.

glabelle 41 March 09, 2020 08:23AM

Hard CoRe

UtahRich 54 March 07, 2020 04:29PM

Re: Which Is Nokta Makro Flagship Detector? Attachments

OregonGregg 61 March 07, 2020 01:51PM

glabelle 59 March 07, 2020 03:02PM

OregonGregg 44 March 08, 2020 06:11AM

glabelle 40 March 08, 2020 06:52AM

OregonGregg 47 March 07, 2020 03:51PM

glabelle 58 March 07, 2020 07:40AM

Hombre 79 March 06, 2020 08:17PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018