Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My reply, and an oversight in your conclusion.

March 08, 2020 09:10AM avatar
glabelle:
I don't believe the CoRe or Relic have an available concentric coil (correct me if I'm wrong) - with which ALL nail tests are passed.

Correct on the Nokta CoRe as there were no Concentric coils made for them.

The Nokta Relic, however, did share the 5½X10 Concentric coil with the FORS Gold Plus. It is a solid-body elliptical design, and I found that is some applications I preferred it over the same-looking 5½X10 DD.

glabelle:
The Anfibio has a 7"CC - it is probably the same as the coil for the Impact.

Yes, you are correct. The 7" Concentric is the same size, type and appearance as that for the Racer & Racer 2 as well, but like the Impact, it had to be designed to work on all three available frequencies for the Impact, Kruzer and Multi-Kruzer and the three Anfibio series models. The 7" Concentric is my favorite general-purpose coil on all of these mentioned models. Then if I want more coverage or depth in open areas I can opt for a larger-size coil ... all of them being a Double-D type, or in dense trash I switch to a smaller 5" DD coil.

glabelle:
As reported earlier, the Teknetics G2+ could not pass one of the tests either, even with a 5" coil - because it is a DD.

The first part of your statement is very correct and is the #1 Consideration comparing ANY make or model detector in an assortment of Iron Nail tests. You said: ".. the Teknetics G2+ could not pass one of the tests ..." and I could have told you about the performance as it is the same as the twin circuitry Fisher F19. I owned two of the then-new F19's when I first received the Nokta FORS CoRe in January of '15. I also had two Teknetics T2 'Classics' and a Fisher F75 plus more detectors around than I have on-hand today.

By late June of '15 I had finally sold or traded off all of those other detectors except a very few long-time proven favorites. At that time I still kept one-each of the following: An XLT, XL Pro, modified IDX Pro, Bandido II µMAX, original Bandido, Silver Sabre µMAX and was mainly using the last two newer models, a Makro Racer and the Nokta FORS CoRe. The latter being THE 'modern' detector that I used along with a Bandido II µMAX to compare any and all detectors I evaluated.

When I evaluate ANY detector, using ANY Test Scenario (and most of those 'tests' involve Iron Nails), it is the DETECTOR I am first taking into consideration. I look for control adjustments it offers, and then I use it to evaluate any strengths and weaknesses it has based on internal or circuitry-designed settings and limitations and what I call 'circuitry behavior.' In short, what the circuitry design does or doesn't, can or can't, do for me in the sites I typically search.

It is THEN that I consider the available search coils. I consider their Size, their Shape, and their Type, being either a Concentric or DD . It s interesting how some search coils are similar by size and shape, such as a 4.7X5.2 'OOR' DD on a CoRe or round 5" DD on a Relic, to a 5" DD on a Fisher F19 or F75 or a 5" DD on a Teknetics T2, G2+, and when out to work against some challenging Iron Nail tests, all of the others fail to match the performance of the Core and Relic. Even when using similar Tone ID Discriminate modes and comparable operating frequencies and similar settings. The difference in performance, or lack of performance, is only in the circuitry design and not the search coil size or type.

Let's take a quick look at a test sample on the extreme opposite of some Iron Nail tests and use my 'short-stack' of US Silver coins. 5 Walking Liberty Halves on top of a Silver Dollar. And let's just use a 5" DD size on a top-dollar Fisher F75 and Teknetics T2, and a similar size and shape 5" DD on the lower-priced Fisher F44 or Teknetics Omega 8000 like I enjoyed Coin Hunting with. Which of thee four models from the same manufacturer, FTP, will produce a really solid audio response and a decent visual TID display on the stack of Silver Coins? The F44 and Omega 8000. What's the main factor providing the difference in performance? The circuitry design, and not the size, shape and type of coil.

Thus I agree with the first part of your statement, but disagree with the latter part being that it is a Double-D design. Now, I do wish there was a smaller-size Concentric available for several models I have that do not have any Concentric coils for them, such as my Nokta CoRe, Nokta / Makro Simplex+, Minelab Vanquish 540 or XP ORX. I wish there was a Concentric coil or two made for them because I would like to see how they, with their circuitry design, would work with a Concentric coil. They might be impressive, or they might show little difference, or they could not perform all that well at all.

My new Impact will be here this coming Wednesday and I have most of my needs handled with that model and circuitry design because I ordered it thru 'Kickindirt' with the two main coils I use with it ... the 5" DD for dense iron debris, and the 7" Concentric for 'general purpose' search needs.

Looking forward to the WTHO in three months to see how your detector and coil selections work for you, and in the meantime I wish you all the best of success afield.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: I rely on an assortment of personal favorites I happen to like that work for me when and where I need them.
Pinpointers: Makro & Pulse-Dive .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... Detector Pro's Gray Ghost XP
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Which Is Nokta Makro Flagship Detector?

tabman 110 March 06, 2020 07:27PM

Thanks For All The Great Info!

tabman 65 March 07, 2020 07:15PM

"Flagship?" ... How about 'Most Satisfying?'

Monte 96 March 07, 2020 12:47PM

Re: Which Is Nokta Makro Flagship Detector?

Kickindirt 84 March 06, 2020 09:33PM

tabman 82 March 07, 2020 05:27AM

Hombre 44 March 19, 2020 11:29AM

My reply as we get to the CoRe of the matter.winking smiley

Monte 54 March 07, 2020 03:50PM

Re: Which Is Nokta Makro Flagship Detector? Attachments

OregonGregg 77 March 07, 2020 08:02AM

Gregg makes a very strong case thumbs up I also have a CoRe. N/T

UtahRich 48 March 07, 2020 04:25PM

Kickindirt 52 March 07, 2020 11:20AM

glabelle 65 March 07, 2020 09:15AM

My reply, and an oversight in your conclusion.

Monte 56 March 08, 2020 09:10AM

Re: My reply, and an oversight in your conclusion.

glabelle 55 March 08, 2020 12:19PM

Back to you, ... and I have two Concentic coils for you to test.

Monte 62 March 09, 2020 02:43AM

Re: Back to you, ... and I have two Concentic coils for you to test.

glabelle 45 March 09, 2020 08:23AM

Hard CoRe

UtahRich 63 March 07, 2020 04:29PM

Re: Which Is Nokta Makro Flagship Detector? Attachments

OregonGregg 69 March 07, 2020 01:51PM

glabelle 65 March 07, 2020 03:02PM

OregonGregg 48 March 08, 2020 06:11AM

glabelle 45 March 08, 2020 06:52AM

OregonGregg 58 March 07, 2020 03:51PM

glabelle 63 March 07, 2020 07:40AM

Hombre 84 March 06, 2020 08:17PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018