Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No problems in much of the country.

March 14, 2020 11:10AM avatar
Because much of the USA is open area and there are many small towns and communities well spaced by a lot of open, fresh-air surroundings. It is when you get in and around the locations where all the dense populations are that you start to notice all of the mad-dash activity to stock up on all sorts of stuff. Now, don't get me wrong as I have basic preparedness supply on hand as a general rule,

WARNING: Stay away from crowded places and close contact with a lot of people!

BEHAVIOR: Everyone, especially in larger-size cities, flock to every store they can imagine, crowd the parking lot, cram themselves into each and every aisle of the store, shoulder-to-shoulder. Closely, they are talking back-and-forth (spreading germs) about the virus and what to expect, standing in long lines and making grocery stores look more like sports arenas or stadiums. All the shopping cats, doo handles,, counters and shelves and other things they are touching and handling without time for virus germs to die or be cleaned away.

I live in a small-size town and we don't have a lot of traffic or human congestion here. thumbs up

As the weather improves I go detecting, off thirty-some miles in one direction into farm and ranch country ... and fresh air, or I head up into the high-desert mountain area to some gold mining era ghost towns which, fortunately, also have me in a wide-open, fresh-air environment.

In a little over two months I'll make a drive to the also small town of Wells, Nevada, only about ⅔ the population of Vale where I live. Most of my time there will be spent out detecting one of a half-dozen ghost towns which are also very un-populated, crowd-free, and are in and surrounded by open areas, and fresh air. I look forward to enjoying that environment.

I spent the majority of my life living in larger-size metro areas, mainly Portland, Oregon, and seven years ago I moved away to enjoy the blessings of smaller towns, fewer people, and a more relaxing way of life. I trust it will remain virus-free.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Vista 'X' / Vanquish 540 / CoRe, Relic & Simplex + / Bandido II µMAX & Silver Sabre µMAX / XLT / ORX
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

COVID-19 and WTHO

WM6 171 March 14, 2020 07:03AM

Re: COVID-19 and WTHO

Utah1971 119 March 14, 2020 11:28AM

No problems in much of the country.

Monte 126 March 14, 2020 11:10AM

NWCindy 110 March 14, 2020 10:15AM

NWCindy 116 March 14, 2020 11:44AM

D&P-OR 122 March 14, 2020 08:06AM

WM6 114 March 14, 2020 05:08PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 37
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018