Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I'm too old to be in school, but it's 'Spring Break.'

March 15, 2020 06:53AM avatar
tabman
If it ever stops raining, it will be a great time to detect some old school sites while it's still cool and the ground is soft. When Summer rolls around it's going to be hot and the ground is going to be like concrete.

tabman

I've had to deal with a lot of parks and schools and other public places in many big cities where the ground conditions get very challenging once summertime arrives. That's one of the reasons I have long enjoyed hunting most of the old-use Relic Hunting locations I visit. Some are tough, such as four of the closer gold mining era ghost towns we can work that are, or much of them are, very rocky and tough, challenging ground to recover it.

That said, you will find most of the half-dozen ghost towns we have to hunt on the WTHO in early June are generally NOT hard-packed and challenging. Most of the time, coins and other smaller-size keepers are located from surface/sub-surface to give-or-take 3" and you can easily 'toe-scuff' the ground to expose or get to the target. It makes hunting and recovery faster than the hard-packed city sites.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Vista 'X' / Vanquish 540 / CoRe, Relic & Simplex + / Bandido II ┬ÁMAX & Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX / XLT / ORX
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

I'm too old to be in school, but it's 'Spring Break.'

Monte 156 March 14, 2020 03:32PM

tabman 105 March 15, 2020 04:37AM

Monte 104 March 15, 2020 06:53AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018