Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Randy, the Shadow X2 was Troy's best offering.

April 14, 2020 03:59AM avatar
At least in my opinion, but I'm partial to it simply because it's a slightly different Silver Sabre µMAX. There were two important things I liked about it:

1.. They used an excellent model platform and kept things 'simple.'

2.. The Super 7 Inch Concentric coil. Using what they had for a water hunting coil, Jack engineered up that nice, thin-profile coil that I really liked.

Until they morphed the design into the white 6" Concentric (the one with the goofy 5.75 label) for the Bandido II µMAX, Silver Sabre µMAX and others, I kept a Super 7 Inch coil on my main-use Tesoro's even after I parted with the Shadow X2. A 'simple' design, and it worked OK most of the time, and I liked the move to the black configuration like used on their foreign offerings because I was tired of the different anodizing jobs of mis-matched gold hues on the rod system. But I had little use or need for Coin Check since I always run at the Minimum Disc. settings, and I also missed having the variable Threshold control on the front control panel. So, it was back to my preferred Silver Sabre µMAX.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Apex --- Vanquish 540 --- CoRe, Relic & Simplex + --- Bandido II µMAX & Silver Sabre µMAX --- XLT & MX-7
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive & ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... MS-3 Z-Lynk ... ML-80
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

What is story behind Troy detectors?

WM6 205 April 05, 2020 06:01AM

Re: What is story behind Troy detectors? Well...I have a very nice Shadow X2 made by Tesorothumbs up

Hombre 155 April 12, 2020 03:25PM

Randy, the Shadow X2 was Troy's best offering.

Monte 172 April 14, 2020 03:59AM

Here's a little story behind Troy Custom Detectors?

Monte 201 April 05, 2020 11:39AM

Re: Here's a little story behind Troy Custom Detectors?

WM6 146 April 05, 2020 12:03PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020