Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Andrew, 'Thank You' for contributing to this post.

April 16, 2020 06:33AM avatar
Personally, I have watched most all of the videos and have tried to glean any posted comments I could, and I'm of the opinion that there is a lot not being told about a product than what there is being told. All of the folks who jumped in this metal detecting sport in the earlier days when typical Urban Coin Hunting was the craze could use most any detector and keep very active finding an unbelievable amount of lost coinage and other trinkets of interest. Our detectors were rather crude, by today's standards, yet success and excitement and satisfaction, and just flat-out 'fun' could be had by all.

Times have really changed and now, decades later, we see far little interest in the sport by new-comers, and many still hanging in there have kind of lost some interest and many are satisfied with their aging detectors. The 'trend' by established metal detector manufacturers as been to offer more useful features in models, and we are seeing declining prices on many excellent detectors with a lot of modern, and desired, functions. Things like Iron Audio Volume control, Automated and Manual Ground Balance control, selectable Tone ID options, and many other things. And we can't overlook some of the really good physical packaging we also are seeing.

Yet, looking at the different types of detecting people get involved in, we see there are far more important variables we are facing. and that brings out the demands we have for our detectors to overcome. Places where we can achieve detection depth, or other places we can't due to heavy trash which calls for different levels of performance capability. Those who enjoy 1-Tone hunting, or those who prefer 2 to 5 Tones for their hunting style, and others who like to use a wide array of audio Tone ID responses. Models and coils to better handle dense iron contaminated places. Most of us also like the improved physical packaging with lighter-weight and comfortable handling, and all of this in models that range from about $500 to $900.

And even then, with some very good detectors on the market that are affordable and come with a lot of adjustment features, not all of them are going to make everyone happy. We all get to pick-and-choose what we like for our personal hunting wants and needs and satisfaction. Even models that we might check out an like or at least understand, but we just don't like them as much as something else.

I'll use myself as an example because I buy-and-try a lot of detectors. I m not an XP Deus fan ... but I really like my ORX with the 5X9½ HF DD coil. I've had and liked the Nokta / Makro Multi-Kruzer, Anfibio 19 and Anfibio Multi, but regardless of how they work or what they offer, I like my FORS CoRe and FORS Relic and the Impact even more and they do what I need in tough-hunt environments.

I tinkered with the Minelab Equinox 800 a tiny bit, and finally decided to buy one a week ago today with the 6" DD coil and figured I'd give it a week to show me what it can do and see if it is a good fit in my detector group. Well, I was busy a couple of days and I'll give it 10 days for me to learn to like it or not. That's thru this coming Sunday after I have a chance to hunt three iron-littered ghost towns. As of this moment, it is most likely going to go on the For Sale market come next Monday, yet with all of it's adjustability, the simpler and less featured Vanquish 540 Pro Pack model and coils has a solid place in my Detector Outfit.

Certain makes and models just 'click' and we have a useful want for them or specific need for them, and it might be different from what someone else happens to like. There are too many unanswered things I look for from a detector manufacturer when it comes to the Tarsacci to grab my interest, and so far I haven't cared for the audio in most of the videos, or some of the performance, or lack of, that I have seen. And with the models I mentioned plus my two Tesoro's and a Simplex + and what they bring to the table, spending close to $1500 for a detector that doesn't have a smaller-size accessory coil and what is covered by a warranty is only covered for 18 months, a short 1½ years, just doesn't check enough boxes to beckon my interest.

Glad you checked one out, don't fault you for parting with it and sticking with detectors models you already know and understand, and I look forward to some good stories of successful detecting jaunts you'll have from today on into the future. Your last results and photos spoke well of hunting in and handling some good sites. best of success in the months to come, regardless of what's in you hand.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Vanquish 540; CoRe, Relic, Impact & Simplex +; Bandido II µMAX & Silver Sabre µMAX; ORX
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

What the story with the Tarsacci MDT 8000

OregonGregg 193 April 15, 2020 07:35AM

Re: What the story with the Tarsacci MDT 8000

Druid 54 April 21, 2020 05:32PM

OregonGregg 50 April 21, 2020 05:46PM

Druid 57 April 22, 2020 09:19AM

The 'Manta' is tardy. --- The Tarsacci I have no interest in. N/T

Monte 46 April 22, 2020 10:30PM

diggindeep 127 April 15, 2020 08:40AM

Andrew, 'Thank You' for contributing to this post.

Monte 66 April 16, 2020 06:33AM

Re: Andrew, 'Thank You' for contributing to this post.

SvenS 55 April 16, 2020 05:20PM

OregonGregg 60 April 15, 2020 10:51AM

D&P-OR 68 April 15, 2020 10:16AM

Re: story with the Tarsacci MDT 8000

Sodbuster 92 April 15, 2020 10:14AM

WM6 119 April 15, 2020 08:12AM

I agree and, to me, that raises a flag.

Monte 102 April 16, 2020 03:09AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 32
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018