Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Answer for Del ... Regarding the XP ORX and a couple of others.

April 26, 2020 07:51AM avatar
D&P-OR
Monte----You got rid of your two ORX's?----What was your reasoning for getting rid of those little jewels?---------Del

No, not yet. I did sell my 'original' ORX and the X35 9" coil I got with it in a 'package' deal with the Mi-6 pinpointer and wireless back-phones. I kept the brand new ORX I bought in October, I believe, with the 5X9½ DD HF coil. That 'package' was used for about an hour before winter set in, and then I hunted with it for about 45 minutes earlier this week. So it has less than 2 hours of actual field-use on it. I have the wrist or arm case for the ORX control module so it's been well protected, and I bought a brand new pair of Gray Ghost XP headphones to eliminate the coiled cable and provide excellent comfort and very good audio quality. It also has the MI-6 Pinpointer with it, and I bought an extra 3-way charging cable for it as well..

Due to my limiting health issues I really liked the package for the light-weight and comfort, plus it works well for a lot of detecting uses. I planned to hang onto it for those reasons, but I am facing reality. Reality is that I just can not put in the hunt-time I used to enjoy. Often I can only last an hour or so and my back, next and shoulder have me throwing in the towel. On some better days, like 2 hr. 50 Min. yesterday, or 3 Hr. the day before, of hunting time, with a brief break mid-way through, I did a lot better, even though I did me in for the day ... completely.

The doctors have encouraged limited travel for me since '91, but I have really been feeling it the last 1½ to 2 years and their instructions to limit driving to 1-1½ Hours per day has been much closer to what I am able to do w/o a lot of back pain and fatigue. Couple that with another physical issue and it is only a matter of time that I am going to be able to drive, and that means relocate so I am in a better-size town with more parks, schools and urban Coin Hunting opportunities where I can still use my mobility scooter to get around, or bum a ride to a ghost town or other out-of-the-way location with one of my sons.

So I have been adjusting my Detector Outfit to provide what I want-and-need NOW as well as be ready for the soon-to-arrive future. I am going to sell my 'as-new' ORX package w/ less than 2 hours use, a Nokta Impact w/extra 5" DD and 7" Concentric coils I just bought new in March, and have used less than an hour. Also, a choice condition Minelab Equinox 800 package w/6" DD coil I bought from Dan'o which is about 4 months old or less. Simply because I have to cut back on what I own and use because I'm dealing with very limited time I can get out and enjoy this great sport.

All three of these detectors are well received in the detector world, and all three of them are choice condition and prime examples of very good top-end detector choices. I am sure they will each find a home with someone who will appreciate what they have to offer in design and performance-field.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Vanquish 540; CoRe, Relic, Impact & Simplex +; Bandido II µMAX & Silver Sabre µMAX; ORX
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Question for Monte

D&P-OR 67 April 25, 2020 10:47AM

Answer for Del ... Regarding the XP ORX and a couple of others.

Monte 66 April 26, 2020 07:51AM

Re: Answer for Del ... Regarding the XP ORX and a couple of others.

Kickindirt 53 April 26, 2020 10:24AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018