Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just a couple of suggestions when you get your Simplex +.

May 04, 2020 01:35PM avatar
Most likely it will be from current inventory and version 2 .68. That's what I got last November so I had a few months to use it before I did the update. And I did the 2.76 update and right after that they brought out the 2.77 which I have not done.

Just a simple suggestion would be use the Simplex plus with the stock 11 inch coil in some parks and other similar places near you. Use all three of the discriminant modes and pay attention to the results with the Park mode.

I have the Discrimination set at what would be zero, to accept all segments, for all three modes. I found the tie preferred the beach mode most of the time, and field mode if I got into too much iron because it has iron audio volume. The park mode was okay, but it just seemed to be lacking a little bit for the Trashy or places where I wanted to use three tone audio.

Then, if you get version 2.68 and use it a little bit so you have a feel for the different modes, do the update do either 2.76 or 2.77. Now that standard Park mode becomes Park 2 and the update provides the new Park 1. A major difference in my opinion, and now my preference if in a very trashy area is the three tone Park one mode. I also like the beach mode, so park one and Beach are kind of my two favorite modes and then field mode and Park 2.

Once you get it and get comfortable with it, pop onto the Nokta / Makro Forum and voice your comments and help start a good discussion. We might even have small coils available by that time.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Vanquish 540; CoRe, Relic, Impact & Simplex +; Bandido II ┬ÁMAX & Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX; ORX
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Looking at the Simplex for coins

Joe in alabama 72 May 04, 2020 05:23AM

I have a Simplex + for coins, and really enjoy it.

Monte 66 May 04, 2020 10:14AM

Many Thanks Monte for taking the time..Going to order me a Simplex N/T

Joe in alabama 27 May 04, 2020 12:07PM

Just a couple of suggestions when you get your Simplex +.

Monte 62 May 04, 2020 01:35PM

Thanks for the info...Stay safe. hh. joe N/T

Joe in alabama 22 May 05, 2020 03:32AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018