Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: To users of Simultaneous Multi-Frequency detectors: .thinking

May 20, 2020 08:54AM
was really excited about the possibility down the road when and hopefull the current state of the union straightens out of getting the Apex but now lean toward the SimplEX. i am still flabergasted with a salt mode in a rain proof only detector. the Simplex is at least water proof to a few meters. '\ i have always wanted a multi freq unit to do salt when i retire , if i ever can, and hope to drive to beach 3 hrs away some . i thought the Apex would be an all ticket punch. NOT! love my AT PRO which is waterproof but no salt unit.
i Know its a cost driven world. a warranty on waterproof is riskier. hope Garrett makes a Apex Waterproof for a dunkable wader, and Notka makes a SMF SimplEX extra or something. Minelab a waterproof Vanquish. i believe it will come at affordable price hopefully.

i know i know no magic wand one does it all. we can at least dream. in past years i would risk a Garrett Apex or vanquish and try to diver camera box it. but finances wont allow that now.

love my Pro. but when things settle will prob go with a Simplex and stay freshwater every now and then. it seems when i change up units i hunt the same old spots and find things i missed, even hunting them since Christmas 1999 when i got my first real detector.

on units freq i have only had 10 to 15 khz and found all with all. a Tech guy told me its not so much the freq, its the set up afterward on the board. he said imagine a big hemi engine with a sedan transmission and a go cart frame. aint gonna work well. its how you utilize the processor, and he was a big fan of Sovereigns , multi freq. he said minelab had that tech down right. my question is does the multi unit lock in on a target in say 15 khz out of 5 thru 20 and the strongest target in the range of freqs presented? not sure how multi decides what to ring out on. how it decides. a deep small gold ring near a clad qrtr. the qrtr is going to be stronger. i always recheck a hole once i dig with pointer and then when patch it back.

when i make a decision in the future it will prob be SimplEx. price and performance. and operator will come to play. my guru of every machine sold a to z 50 yr hunter starting with BFO and minesweepers, absolutely mastered an AT PRO and said if he could get one with a turn on switch with just the one setting he preferred, that would be his choice and he is a prolific hunter.

Is the multi any better in my case.. did not mean to get off topic but the future decisions may have to be long term to live with. if i cant go salt would the multi benefit me that much on land?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2020 08:59AM by dixiedigger57.
Subject Author Views Posted

To users of Simultaneous Multi-Frequency detectors: .thinking

Monte 75 May 19, 2020 10:09PM

Druid 23 May 21, 2020 03:03PM

From the User of a Simultaneous Multi-Frequency detector - grinning smiley

UtahRich 43 May 20, 2020 02:37PM

diggindeep 38 May 20, 2020 10:46AM

dixiedigger57 47 May 20, 2020 08:54AM

Druid 17 May 21, 2020 03:25PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018