Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: To users of Simultaneous Multi-Frequency detectors: .thinking

May 21, 2020 03:25PM
Hi Dixiedigger,
No claim to guru status here but will give a quick comment about the Minelab Equinox’s functions as regards the pre-set programs. The park modes 1 & 2 are designed to give the predominant weighting to the lower frequencies, 5 & 10 KHz as they are for coin hunting, field modes 1&2 split somewhat with field one weighted to lower and field 2 to mid & higher frequencies, this is to allow for more conductive target acquisition in field 1 and Opened up for smaller less conductive targets in field 2 such as UK hammered silver coins which are both small and thin. Beach programs are set for mid and higher frequencies to pick up small thin rings, chains,etc, with different levels of gain to stabilize in moving salt water, (beach 2), or more favorable conditions beach 1. Gold programs are weighted to 20 and 40 KHz to find tiny gold nuggets, they are very different from the other modes.
If you don’t figure on wet salt sand or wading in the ocean the EQ800 probably wouldn’t give you a huge advantage, it does bring some good stuff to the table if you have the patience and the ear for multi-tone type hunting. If possible try to test some of the units that most appeal to you, I have found that some machines that I think I will like don’t impress me in the field and vice versa.
Hope this is helpful to you.
Regards,
Drew.
Subject Author Views Posted

To users of Simultaneous Multi-Frequency detectors: .thinking

Monte 79 May 19, 2020 10:09PM

Druid 27 May 21, 2020 03:03PM

From the User of a Simultaneous Multi-Frequency detector - grinning smiley

UtahRich 46 May 20, 2020 02:37PM

diggindeep 41 May 20, 2020 10:46AM

dixiedigger57 50 May 20, 2020 08:54AM

Druid 19 May 21, 2020 03:25PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018